Senior Software Engineer, Back End
San Diego /
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Now one of the fastest growing venture-backed software startups in San Diego, Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Vivint Solar, Remitly, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As a Back End Software Engineer at Kandji, you will design, build, and scale the core infrastructure and services that power our web platform while maintaining the security and scalability of that infrastructure. You will work alongside our macOS and DevOps engineers.
We are looking for a software engineer with experience building large-scale, mission-critical enterprise software in an object-oriented language.
Day to Day
- Contribute to our build, test, and release process to launch new code on a fast weekly cycle.
- Develop intuitive, robust, and scalable software designed for high-volume use.
- Develop third-party integrations.
- Make changes across databases, optimize server and client code on web platforms.
- Triage issues, respond to threats, provide recommended fixes.
- Become an authority on the application.
- 3+ years of professional engineering experience
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Authoritative understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Data-driven, analytical, hypothesis/validation mindset
- Ability to identify problems/opportunities, break them down into critical parts, and design solution options
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of a large web application, and associated build, test, and deployment methodologies and tools
- Experience with RESTful API
- Familiar with microservice architecture
- Experience with modern frameworks on backend and frontend
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) + company match
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave policy
- Monthly company-sponsored lunch
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.