Senior Software Engineer, Back End
Kandji is a venture-backed software startup headquartered in downtown San Diego. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands. Existing solutions were either overly simplistic or mind-numbingly complex and didn’t meet the needs of today's organizations. We knew there had to be a better way — so we built Kandji. Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
About the Role
As a Back End Software Engineer at Kandji, you will design, build, and scale the core infrastructure and services that power our web platform while maintaining the security and scalability of that infrastructure. You will work alongside our macOS and DevOps engineers.
We are looking for a software engineer with experience building large-scale, mission-critical enterprise software in an object-oriented language.
- Contribute to our build, test, and release process to launch new code on a fast weekly cycle.
- Develop intuitive, robust, and scalable software designed for high-volume use.
- Develop third-party integrations.
- Make changes across databases, optimize server and client code on web platforms.
- Triage issues, respond to threats, provide recommended fixes.
- Become an authority on the application.
- 3+ years of professional engineering experience
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Authoritative understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Data-driven, analytical, hypothesis/validation mindset
- Ability to identify problems/opportunities, break them down into critical parts, and design solution options
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of a large web application, and associated build, test, and deployment methodologies and tools
- Experience with RESTful API
- Familiar with microservice architecture
- Experience with modern frameworks on backend and frontend
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan + company matching
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation policy and 11 company holidays
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.