Customer Support Engineer, Sydney
Customer Operations /
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As a Customer Support Engineer at Kandji, you will be working directly with our APAC customers to make sure they’re happy, productive, and set up for success. To our customers, YOU are Kandji. You’ll also act as the voice of the customer by sharing customer feedback and insights with our product team and reporting issues to our engineers.
We pride ourselves on creating world-class experiences for our customers. Our customers rely on Kandji to ensure their Apple devices are managed and secured properly. We want to make sure that if they have questions, that we answer them with the best support interaction possible. Our team's top priority is to make our customers' lives easier and that means we need to ensure their experience using Kandji is reliable and easy.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in our Sydney office 3-4 days a week and shift expectations are 9am-6pm Australian Eastern Time.
How you will make an impact day to day
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with our customers - we primarily offer support via chat and email, but you'll also have video conferences when the need arises.
- Own customer communications from initial contact until resolution to make sure our customers are supported every step of the way.
- Influence support processes and shape the tone of Kandji's customer support on a rapidly growing team that spans multiple time zones.
- Be an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Kandji works - our customers need help troubleshooting a wide range of issues across Apple hardware, wireless connectivity, and software products, so we need to be ready for anything.
- Become our customers' best advocate; you’ll funnel customer feedback to our product and engineering teams so we can make sure we’re building features our customers will love.
- Ensure every customer has a great experience - our tight-knit team prides itself on providing excellent, personalized support, so you’ll need to be able to tailor your communication style to maintain our standard.
- Work directly with our engineering team to identify current issues and make sure they’re resolved, while keeping our customers informed every step of the way.
- 3+ years of work experience in a customer support and/or IT administration role.
- An excellent understanding of Apple macOS, iOS, and iPadOS.
- Experience managing Apple specific Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions.
- Experience meeting SLAs such as customer satisfaction, initial response, and issue resolution times.
- Familiarity with shell scripting and the macOS command line; comfortable using Terminal to execute commands or run scripts.
- Great problem-solving abilities, a curious nature, and a genuine interest in learning new technology in a fast-paced startup.
- The ability to rapidly switch gears across tools while retaining focus on the bigger picture.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language.
- Strong emotional intelligence; ability to intuit customer sentiment and match their tone to ensure you communicate in the method they’ll relate to most.
Nice To Haves, But NOT Requires
- Experience with support tools and platforms like Salesforce, Zendesk and JIRA.
- Experience working with Enterprise customers to help resolve complex technical issues.
- Knowledge and experience setting up and troubleshooting IT equipment like printers, routers, Wi-Fi access points, and Apple devices (Macs, iPhones, iPads).
Benefits & Perks
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of July
• 10 Wellness/Sick days
• 9 holidays (+ additional days depending on region)
• 16 weeks of paid Parental Leave
• Group private medical
• Group income protection
• Group life/TPD policy
• Monthly Uber Eats meal credit
• $75 monthly Internet reimbursement
• Fully/CDW Equipment Discounts
• Employee referral bonus program
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.