Senior Platform Engineer
San Francisco /
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer who will help design, automate, monitor, and maintain our AWS cloud infrastructure.
How you will make a difference day to day
- Build and use DevOps tools to deploy, maintain, and update infrastructure.
- Maintain and improve SLA’s with proactive monitoring.
- Support increasing volume of customer transactions by improving infrastructure scalability.
- Work across engineering teams to facilitate application deployments, infrastructure utilization, root cause analysis, and performance improvements.
- Ensure high-security standards are designed and implemented into all tooling and infrastructure solutions.
- Required to work on-site 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). Managers may require additional on-site days.
- 4 years of experience with building, deploying, administration, and monitoring SaaS applications and related infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with containerized platforms like Docker and container orchestration including but not limited to Kubernetes, Argo CI/CD, Helm
- Experience building workflows and maintaining CI/CD platforms such as CircleCI, Github Actions, TravisCI, CodeFresh, Jenkins, ArgoCD/ArgoEvents, Artifactory, Harbor
- Experience with AWS, specifically EC2, RDS, EKS, IAM, S3, and CloudTrail.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code. We use Terraform.
- Experience with Linux Architecture, such as Ubuntu, Redhat and Amazon Linux 2.
- Experience scripting with languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, or Go.
- 2 years of experience with logging and monitoring tools such as ELK, New Relic, Datadog, Sumologic, or AppDynamics.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Packer, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience with technologies in the Hashicorp toolset, Packer, Vault, Consul, Nomad.
- Experience ensuring and implementing security controls.
- Knowledge of NoSQL and RDBMS data platforms such as PostgresDB, Redis, DynamoDB, Cassandra, or Mongo.
These requirements are for the strongest, ideal candidate. Even if you do not outperform every bullet point, Kandji encourages you to apply. We promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and recognize that even the strongest candidates won’t have all desired experiences and qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with a 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of July
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 health and wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.