Software Development Engineer in Test
San Francisco /
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Kandji, combine your strong technical and creative problem-solving skills to build highly scalable test automation frameworks to help deliver quality software. You will work closely with development teams to understand a complex and fast-growing software ecosystem while acting as a champion for quality. You will also learn best practices from individuals who have years of experience building test automation frameworks across various domains.
How you’ll make an impact
- Maintain, expand, and improve test automation frameworks
- Create and implement thoughtful automated test scenarios that bring long-term value
- Monitor test results, identify issues, and work with development teams to resolve them
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure smooth integration of test automation frameworks into software development lifecycle
- Research and stay current on the latest tools, technologies, and trends to continuously improve test automation frameworks
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience maintaining and developing test automation frameworks
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated team player with an interest in constant learning
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Experience with test automation frameworks (Cypress, Selenium, or Appium), continuous integration/delivery tooling (Codefresh or Jenkins), and containerization patterns (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Working knowledge of macOS virtualization software, such as VMware, Orka, or Anka
- Strong understanding of version-control software, such as Git
- Ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
These requirements are for the strongest, ideal candidate. Even if you do not outperform every bullet point, Kandji encourages you to apply. We promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and recognize that even the strongest candidates won’t have all desired experiences and qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with a 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of July
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 health and wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.