Inside Sales Manager
San Diego /
Kandji is a venture-backed software startup headquartered in downtown San Diego. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands. Existing solutions were either overly simplistic or mind-numbingly complex and didn’t meet the needs of today's organizations. We knew there had to be a better way — so we built Kandji. Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
How You’ll Contribute
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Inside Sales Manager position is responsible for the development and management of a team of up to 6 quota-carrying Account Executives (AEs). Each AE is responsible for maintaining high activity levels, daily prospecting, pipeline growth, prospect qualification, and delivering on assigned monthly/quarterly sales revenue targets. In this role, you are responsible for the AE leadership, execution, and revenue goal achievement.
The right person for this Inside Sales Manager position must have the proven ability to increase the productivity of Account Executives through skill development and adherence to activity standards; while providing inspiration, rapid conflict resolution, and the ability to build a high-performance sales culture.
Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years exceeding targets at a SaaS company with at least 3 years of sales management experience.
- You know enough about MDM and the Information Technology space to be your own Sales Engineer most of the time. You don’t wait for people to explain technology to you, you proactively figure it out before you need to.
- You have an unrelenting passion to build, refine, and grow. You are competitive in nature and always push your team to win.
- You are an expert consultative seller. You know how to break a complex organization into decision-makers, and sell to each individual’s unique pain. You know how to move a SaaS sale through legal, purchasing, security, and C-level decision-makers.
- Extraordinary organizational, analytical, accounting, and advanced Excel skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate, define problems and present solutions, at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to put your team and customers first, and ego last.
- Coach and mentor your sales team in order to achieve specific targets.
- Drive development of sales processes, procedures and organizational goals.
- Ensure activity standards are being delivered on. Demonstrate clear ability to correlate activity standards with Business Results.
- Ensure use of HubSpot and/or Salesforce and accuracy of metrics.
- Monitor and track sales individual performance, strengths and weaknesses, and be able to clearly communicate evaluations and execute developmental steps (performance reviews, improvement plans, etc.).
- Coach, develop, and mentor sales professionals to drive continuous improvement in sales skills and product knowledge.
- Partnering with your leadership to ensure the success of your direct reports; but also working together with Support, Success, Product, and Solutions Engineering Teams to drive overall success.
- Verify daily results, productivity measures, and assist with commission tracking.
- Meet with each AE individually weekly to review previous weeks and month/quarter/year to date results, lessons learned and areas for improvement. Continually coach and manage to improve results.
- Represent the vision and strategy of the company at all times.
- Expert, not academic.
- Confident, not cocky.
- Approachable, not playful.
Why You're Important to Us
- By coaching and mentoring your sales team in order to achieve specific targets, you’ll play an integral role in building our sales pipeline and realizing our vision!
- For your contribution, we offer a competitive uncapped commission structure plus base salary with huge earning potential, regular offsite team events, and professional career growth.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan + company matching.
- Generous Parental Leave policy.
- Flexible vacation policy and 11 company holidays.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.