Customer Support Specialist
San Diego /
Customer Support /
Kandji is a venture-backed software startup headquartered in downtown San Diego. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands. Existing solutions were either overly simplistic or mind-numbingly complex and didn’t meet the needs of today's organizations. We knew there had to be a better way — so we built Kandji. Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
About the Role
As an Apple Customer Support Specialist at Kandji, you will be working directly with our customers to make sure they’re happy, productive, and set up to succeed with us. You’ll also act as the voice of the customer by sharing customer feedback and insights with our product team and reporting issues to our engineers.
We pride ourselves on creating great experiences for our customers. Our customers rely on Kandji to make sure their Apple devices are managed and secured properly, and we want to make sure that if they have questions that we answer them via the best support interaction possible. Our team's top priority is to make our customers' lives easier and that means we need to ensure that their experience using Kandji is reliable and easy.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with our customers - we primarily offer support via chat and email, but you'll also be talking to customers on the phone when the need arises.
- Own customer communications from initial contact until resolution to make sure our customers are supported every step of the way.
- Heavily influence support processes and shape the tone of Kandji's customer support on a rapidly growing team that will span timezones.
- Be an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Kandji works - our customers need help troubleshooting a wide range of issues across Apple hardware, wireless connectivity, and software products, so we need to be ready for anything.
- Become our customers' best advocate; you’ll funnel customer feedback to our product and engineering teams so we can make sure we’re building features our customers will love.
- Ensure every customer has a great experience - our tight-knit team prides itself on providing excellent, personal support, so you’ll need to be able to tailor your communication style to maintain our standard.
- Work directly with our engineering team to identify current issues and make sure they’re fixed, while keeping our customers informed every step of the way.
- 2+ years of work experience in a customer support and/or IT role (ideally working for a SaaS startup or IT firm).
- An excellent understanding of Apple macOS, iOS, and iPadOS.
- Experience meeting SLAs like, customer satisfaction, first response, and issue resolution times.
- Great problem-solving abilities, a curious nature, and a genuine interest in learning new technology in a fast-paced startup.
- The ability to rapidly switch gears across tools while retaining focus on the bigger picture.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language.
- Strong emotional intelligence; ability to intuit customer sentiment and match their tone to make sure you communicate in the method they’ll relate to most.
- Willingness to work within San Diego to support North American customers.
[Bonus] IT Qualifications
- Experience with Jamf Pro, and/or other Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions.
- Experience with large Apple device deployments.
- Experience troubleshooting IT issues on Apple devices, including Macs, iPhone, and iPads.
- Experience with support tools and platforms like Zendesk.
- Familiarity with shell scripting and the macOS command line; comfortable using Terminal to execute commands or run scripts.
- Experience working with Enterprise customers to help resolve complex technical issues.
- Knowledge and experience setting up and troubleshooting IT equipment like printers, routers, Wi-Fi access points, and Apple devices (Macs, iPhones, iPads).
- You understand how the internet works (i.e. DNS, HTTP, TLS, Certificates, etc).
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.