Principal Software Engineer
Kandji is the Apple Device Management and Security Platform. Kandji empowers companies to manage and secure Apple devices in the enterprise and at scale. By centrally securing and managing Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV devices, IT and InfoSec teams can save countless hours of manual, repetitive work with features like one-click compliance templates and more than 150 pre-built automations, apps, and workflows.
Device Harmony is our vision for tearing down the wall between IT and InfoSec to keep every Apple user secure and productive, using connected intelligence and automation. By choosing a career with Kandji, you will play an integral role in contributing to making our vision a reality. Backed by world-class investors such as Tiger Global, Greycroft, B Capital Group, Okta Ventures, the Spruce House Partnership, and First Round Capital, Kandji has raised over $100+M in capital to date.
Trusted by industry leaders, Kandji’s rapidly growing customer base includes companies like Ramp, Notion, Attentive, Netskope, Noom, Turo, Groupon, VoxMedia, and more.
Recognized for its award-winning products, Kandji was recently named the #1 fastest-growing app in Okta’s 2023 Businesses at Work Report and a G2 Best Software 2023 Award Winner for Fastest Growing Products!
As a Principal Software Engineer at Kandji, you will lead efforts to design, build, and scale our platform while meeting strong quality, performance, scalability, reliability, and security goals. You will work alongside our Staff/Principal Software Engineers and our Security, Data, and Infrastructure teams to decide how to architect major features/products, what new technologies and services to implement, and guide Kandji’s overall technical strategy.
We are looking for someone who prefers simple solutions and designs over complex ones and has a good intuition for what will last and scale. You should have strong attention to detail, especially around quality, performance, and reliability, and thrive in a high-speed, collaborative environment. You take pride in shepherding projects from ideation to launch and are comfortable balancing tactical and strategic considerations along the way.
The successful candidate will become an authority on Kandji’s platform, coordinate improvements across all of Engineering, and ultimately help decide the direction of the technology that powers Kandji’s platform for customers worldwide.
How you will make a difference day to day
- Design, develop, test, and scale new platform capabilities
- Work across and within teams at Kandji to ensure that the platform works seamlessly for the product's needs
- Take ownership of Kandji’s scalability, reliability, and performance goals by designing and implementing solutions that fit business needs
- Coach and mentor Engineers, leading others in designing elegant code and cloud-native architecture that efficiently scales to meet Kandji’s growing needs
- Develop and drive new ways of thinking across teams to improve quality, productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities
- Ensure all technical decisions across teams support Kandji’s quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals
- Partner with Product, Design, and Engineering leadership to drive alignment on technical direction and strategy of the platform
- Expert knowledge of public cloud and cloud-native architectural patterns
- Advanced competency in distributed systems, event-driven patterns, streaming, high availability design
- Strong knowledge of multiple persistence strategies and data governance
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience evolving a (mostly) monolithic application to a service oriented or event driven architecture
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise level design patterns
- Experience working in high growth startup environments and comfortable balancing tactical and strategic considerations
- Required to work on-site 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). Managers may require additional on-site days.
$220,000 - $300,000 a year
These requirements are for the strongest, ideal candidate. Even if you do not outperform every bullet point, Kandji encourages you to apply. We promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and recognize that even the strongest candidates won’t have all desired experiences and qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with a 4% company match
• 20 days PTO
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 health and wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.