Kandji is a venture-backed software startup headquartered in downtown San Diego. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands. Existing solutions were either overly simplistic or mind-numbingly complex and didn’t meet the needs of today's organizations. We knew there had to be a better way — so we built Kandji. Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
A Product Manager at Kandji is charged with influencing, inspiring, and leading teams to build products and features customers use and love while contributing positively to Kandji's business.
How you do it is important! We aspire to have inspired and well-informed teams because we believe our best solutions won't come from any one person. As such you'll be a leader, facilitator, orchestrator, and teammate.
- Talk to customers, aggregate feedback from internal customer-facing teams (sales, customer success), and evaluate customer usage metrics to determine and prioritize the jobs-to-be-done and problems to tackle.
- Collaborate with internal teams to define and implement solutions you will all be proud of. You'll collaborate with design and engineering to identify technical possibilities and define interaction and design options. You'll work hand in hand with those teams through implementation, ensuring goals are clear and facilitating decisions throughout
- Establish goals and KPIs for the products or features, set up processes to ensure we continually track & learn, and drive priorities to improve.
- Cultivate a great culture where team members can do their best work. Promote ownership and accountability, great communication ("high EQ"), learning and teaching, good decision making, and a push for very high standards.
- Someone with extremely high standards. You’re practical and know perfect is the enemy of good, but you aspire for us to be great. You care deeply about the quality of our work and our team.
- An Owner. You act with and teach appropriate urgency when the situation calls for it. You feel personally accountable and responsible. You proactively look for problems and inefficiencies and find elegant solutions before they become major issues.
- Fast-paced. You love the speed and impact you have in startups.
- Empathetic, a great listener and observer. You know there might be differences between what customers say and do and are able to use both what you hear and what you see to deduce the actual pain they're experiencing. You actively build relationships with your teammates to better understand their work and partner with them.
- Insanely curious. Before you even consider a solution, you want to understand and clearly articulate the problem. And when devising solutions, you seek and value input from as many sources as possible and work as a servant leader in your team to create products that delight. You are passionate about defining goals and metrics and other ways to know it's working and solving customers' problems once deployed.
- Previous experience in customer success or UX.
- Programming experience.
- You've built a side project that generates revenue.
- Experience building consumer-minded enterprise SaaS products.
- You blog, teach, mentor, or otherwise help others learn outside of your day to day work.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.