Head of People
San Diego /
Finance & Operations – Talent & People /
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Now one of the fastest growing venture-backed software startups in San Diego, Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Vivint Solar, Remitly, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
The Head of People, reporting to the Operations Leader, will help the company field the best team possible and leverage talent as a competitive advantage. This includes recruiting, interviewing, performance management, rewards & compensation, talent management, and organization development.
Day to Day
- Talent Acquisition, including designing and implementing recruiting processes that are optimized for speed and quality; identifying effective sourcing channels; managing internal and external recruiters; ensuring a strong partnership between hiring managers and recruiters; providing candidates with an exceptional experience
- Employee Experience, including shaping company culture; measuring cultural health and providing actionable insights to managers; running rewards and recognition programs; planning company and team social functions and special events; overseeing facilities and office environment
- Employee Effectiveness, including diversity and inclusion training; sexual harassment prevention; learning and development programs; individual goal setting; performance monitoring and feedback
- Compensation, including shaping compensation strategy; conducting competitive benchmarking; setting compensation levels; designing and managing variable compensation plans
- People Operations, including new hire orientation; employee payroll, benefits, retirement, and equity plans implementation and administration; offboarding for voluntary and involuntary terminations
- Compliance, including understanding applicable Federal, state, county, and municipal laws and regulations; advising business units and management on requirements of applicable laws; making all required filings in an accurate and timely manner; developing and implementing employee policies; managing investigations
- Serve as a trusted partner to senior leaders on organizational design, assessing talent, promotions, and terminations
- Managing company’s presence and responses on employee satisfaction websites
- Hire, develop, and lead a team of highly motivated professionals to support the company’s objectives, starting with a dedicated internal recruiter.
- Identify and implement systems, processes, policies, and controls to ensure scalable and successful people operations, sound decision making, and operational efficiency
- Manage and oversee the reporting of human resources activity metrics
- Review and negotiate contracts, select and manage vendors, and manage the human resources budget
- 7+ years of overall human resources experience
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and scaling a human resources organization from the ground up, including hiring, systems, and controls
- Proficiency in modern human resources software and platforms
- Ability to influence the executive team on organizational design and key personnel decisions
- In-depth operational focus with a demonstrated ability to promote the use of metrics and scorecards
- A “talent magnet” with a strong track record of successfully recruiting and developing human resources professionals and building high performing teams
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization, including board members, senior executives, business partners, and individual contributors
- BA or BS degree; MBA and/or Professional in Human Resources accreditation is an added benefit
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.