Head of Talent & People
Talent & People
Kandji is a venture-backed software startup headquartered in downtown San Diego. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands. Existing solutions were either overly simplistic or mind-numbingly complex and didn’t meet the needs of today's organizations. We knew there had to be a better way — so we built Kandji. Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As our first Talent/People (HR) hire, you'll help build our Talent & People Operations systems from the ground up to support to our growing team and business for scale. You’ll partner with both senior leaders and individual contributors to help educate, advise and influence our ability to Hire, Motivate, and Retain amazing teammates.
This includes areas of focus like: manager training, people development, total rewards, benefits, career architecture, compliance, office policy, system and process roll out, and change management. You’ll look ahead to keep us compliant as we add new employees, customers, and offices while ensuring we continue to be a leading place to work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Partner with Exec team and Ops team on high impact People initiatives: examples include equality, talent assessment, high-potential development, succession planning, manager development, and employee engagement and retention.
- Coach and advocate for teammates on their own development and cultivate Kandji as a leading place to work
- Monitor and interpret trends and metrics around employee satisfaction, attrition and turnover, etc.
- Deploy, Interact, and monitor external 3rd party vendor and IT systems ensuring compliance, best practices, and efficiency
- Expert in compliance, benefits and policy
- Support the company's goals to build a diverse and inclusive workplace
- 5+ years experience with HR & Compliance for a high growth, dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of organisations and with diverse client groups.
- History of working closely with client executives, managers and employees to handle a variety of issues and tasks, including organisation design and change, transfers, promotions, performance issues and terminations.
- Demonstrated ability to support major initiatives across challenging business groups.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator.
- Ability to conduct group facilitation, coach and counsel managers at all levels.
- Knowledge of staffing, compensation, and talent management best practices.
- Good working knowledge of applicable employment laws.
- Proven HR experience preferably within a high-growth technology organization.
- Desire to make others successful.
- Passion for data integrity, process definition, and continuous learning.
- Results-driven, solutions-oriented, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.