Senior Software Engineer, macOS
Kandji is a venture-backed software startup headquartered in San Diego that empowers IT administrators by automating the enforcement of complex security standards against a fleet of devices. We are building the leading endpoint security and compliance platform for organizations using Apple devices and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a software engineer with experience building and shipping enterprise software on the macOS platform. As a macOS Software Engineer at Kandji, you will work with our web application engineers to develop our proprietary macOS agent application.
- Develop new features and functionality working closely with other Engineering and Product team members.
- Scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies.
- Implement unit and functional tests.
- Perform code-reviews.
- Innovate and solve challenging problems.
- Strong development skills on the macOS platform including both desktop & web applications
- Experience designing and shipping large-scale enterprise software on macOS preferably with a security focus
- Expertise in native code (Objective C, Swift, C) and associated development tools on macOS. Solid understanding of credential providers, macOS Security models.
- Hands-on coding skills and comfortable writing agent-based software as well as web-services
- Familiarity with authentication protocols in the macOS enterprise system is a plus (e.g. enterprise connect)
- Good understanding of design-patterns and object-oriented design
- PKI and related stacks: X.509, TLS, SSH
- Experience working in Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan + company matching
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation policy and 11 company holidays
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.