Senior Software Engineer, macOS/iOS/iPadOS/tvOS
San Diego /
R&D – Engineering /
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Now one of the fastest growing venture-backed software startups in San Diego, Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Vivint Solar, Remitly, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
About the Role
We are looking for a software engineer with experience building and shipping enterprise software on the macOS platform. As a macOS Software Engineer at Kandji, you will work with our web application engineers to develop our proprietary macOS agent application.
- Develop new features and functionality working closely with other Engineering and Product team members.
- Scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies.
- Implement unit and functional tests.
- Perform code-reviews.
- Innovate and solve challenging problems.
- Strong development skills on the macOS platform including both desktop & web applications
- Experience designing and shipping large-scale enterprise software on macOS preferably with a security focus
- Expertise in native code (Objective C, Swift, C) and associated development tools on macOS. Solid understanding of credential providers, macOS Security models.
- Hands-on coding skills and comfortable writing agent-based software as well as web-services
- Familiarity with authentication protocols in the macOS enterprise system is a plus (e.g. enterprise connect)
- Good understanding of design-patterns and object-oriented design
- PKI and related stacks: X.509, TLS, SSH
- Experience working in Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan + company matching
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation policy and 11 company holidays
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.