Staff Software Engineer
USA Remote /
Full -Time Temp
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Kandji, you will help design, build, and scale our web platform while meeting strong performance and security goals. You will work alongside our Infrastructure team to decide what technologies and services to implement, help architect major features for our SaaS application, as well as guide the interaction between the web platform and macOS agent.
We are looking for someone with strong Python and AWS experience, who can come with opinions on how to shape our future. The successful candidate will become an authority on the Kandji application, coordinate improvements across several teams and ultimately help decide the direction of our software development.
How you will make a difference day to day
- Make speed and performance improvements to existing services
- Prepare the application for ever-increasing demands and scale
- Help clean up and standardize API contracts between services
- Decompose services and/or migrate services to other technologies as needed
- Help maintain critical upgrade paths
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- 7+ years of professional engineering experience
- Strong Python experience building web applications
- Extensive Amazon Web Services experienceExperience building multi-service SaaS applications
- Experience scaling and performance testing web applications
- Familiarity with different RDBMS and NoSQL solutions and their benefits
- Systems architecture experience
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of July
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 sick/wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Work from anywhere in the United States and Canada!
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.