Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Kandji is a venture-backed software startup headquartered in San Diego that empowers IT administrators by automating the enforcement of complex security standards against a fleet of devices. We are building the leading endpoint security and compliance platform for organizations using Apple devices and we’re just getting started.
As a Platform Software Engineer at Kandji, you will design, build, and scale the core infrastructure and services that power our web platform while maintaining the security and scalability of that infrastructure. You will work alongside our macOS Engineers who develop the endpoint agent to change the way fleets are managed.
We are looking for a software engineer with experience building large-scale, mission-critical enterprise software in an object-oriented language. You’ll be responsible for a blend of software engineering, security engineering, and DevOps.
There is an opportunity to shift your focus over time from an individual contributor to a team manager, if this is of interest to you, as our team grows. At the onset, ~95% of your time will be spent as an individual contributor, and ~5% as a team manager.
- Lead our build, test, and release process to launch new code on a fast weekly cycle.
- Develop intuitive, robust, and scalable software designed for high-volume use.
- Spearhead development of integrations.
- Optimize applications, architecture, systems, tools, and workflows.
- Make changes across databases, optimize server and client code on web platforms.
- Triage security issues, respond to security threats, provide recommended fixes.
- Ensure all systems are scalable and production-ready.
- Become an authority on the application.
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Authoritative understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Data-driven, analytical, hypothesis/validation mindset
- Ability to identify problems/opportunities, break them down into critical parts, and design solution options
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of a large web application, and associated build, test, and deployment methodologies and tools
- Experience with security activities throughout the software development lifecycle, including threat modeling, code reviews, tooling, penetration testing, and incident response
- Strong DevOps experience with Unix/Linux systems
- Experience in RESTful API design
- Experience scaling NoSQL and relational database systems
- Familiar with microservice architecture
- Experience with modern frameworks on backend and frontend
- Designed and successfully implemented test automation frameworks from the ground up
Technologies We Use
- Amazon RDS
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan + company matching
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation policy and 11 company holidays
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.