Head of Product Design
USA Remote /
Product Design /
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Now one of the fastest growing venture-backed software startups in San Diego, Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Vivint Solar, Remitly, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
We are seeking a driven and experienced Head of Product Design to lead, manage, and build out the Product Design department at Kandji. Our Head of Product Design will create and implement a world-class product design vision and direction for Kandji, including a best-in-class design system. We’re looking for a leader to oversee the development of new product features, manage continuous improvements to existing features, and to work closely with Product and Engineering to bring product plans to life.
You'll sit on the product leadership team and be responsible for communicating the priorities of the product design team, defining goals and ensuring alignment to help establish a shared vision across the company. Ideally you are well respected for your portfolio, but take even more pride in the accomplishments and growth of your team. You'll be responsible for nurturing the team by developing its culture by fostering talent, ensuring that designers at all levels have ample opportunities for growth and development.
Day to Day
- Lead and manage the Product Design department. Hire, mentor, and inspire a team of skilled designers. Lead team culture and develop growth plans.
- Build out a world-class product design experience for a two-sided marketplace product that is backed by qualitative and quantitative data.
- Facilitate design reviews, user research, and meetings.
- Continually hone processes and workflows in a highly collaborative environment that allows for shipping high-quality design efficiently and effectively.
- Foster strong relationships with stakeholders, and effectively advocate for product design strategy, vision, and goals.
- Encourage an inclusive and open environment that makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles.
- Be ego-free, and have a willingness to fail and learn.
- Be a heavily-involved individual contributor.
- Experience building out and managing successful Product Design teams for venture-backed companies. Recruiting, hiring, and retaining high-caliber design resources. Experience building processes and systems to efficiently ship products in a fast-paced and highly collaborative professional environment.
- You have the ability to work efficiently with multiple tasks and projects, and manage a team to do the same.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal, and on-screen.)
- You have strong attention to detail and are highly organized.
- You have experience building out and maintaining advanced design systems for modern SaaS applications.
- You are extremely passionate about product design, and you continually stay up-to-date on the newest product design trends and best practices.
- You are proficient at running user research and testing sessions.
- Work from anywhere in the USA!
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation policy
- 100% paid medical + dental + vision coverage
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- Equity for full-time employees
- Home office stipend for comfortable remote working
- Cell phone & Internet stipend
- 8 weeks paid leave for new parents
- New Macbook Pro and software setup
- Exciting opportunities for career growth
- An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.