Senior IT Engineer, IT Operations
USA Remote /
Information Technology /
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
It’s an exciting time to join Kandji, as we expand into APAC and further into EMEA! To help in this expansion and growth, we’re seeking a Senior IT Engineer, IT Operations to help build and design scalable and automated IT systems that increase productivity and security at Kandji. This role will partner closely with the Security and Engineering teams, as well as other departments to find areas of opportunity to increase efficiency.
IT TEAM VALUES
CUSTOMER FIRST: Thoughtful in the approach, creation, and delivery of IT systems to end users.
COMMUNICATION: Conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a focused and compelling way that delivers clear messages and ensures understanding.
RADICAL CANDOR AND COLLABORATION: We are humble, transparent and on a lifelong journey to be better humans, together. We express strong opinions with kindness and proactively seek feedback. We listen, we share, we encourage, and we trust. We are quick to admit when we’re wrong and even quicker to help one another win.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions. As well as actively improving your own technical skills and performance.
How you will make a difference day to day
- Participate in the ownership of all IT SaaS platforms (e.g. Okta, Google Workspace, Zoom, AWS, Slack, Atlassian, etc.) as a top-level architect/administrator.
- Deep understanding of IAM concepts and management.
- Automate user access to systems and groups using iPaaS (e.g. Workato, Tray.io, Okta Workflows, Aquera) and IDP (e.g.Okta, OneLogin, JumpCloud).
- Manage and configure SSO applications, settings and configurations using Terraform or YAML. Including lifecycle management of applications and passing attributes into applications.
- Partner with Security to mature systems security posture and establish IAM as the source of identity for all SaaS applications.
- Assist in the management of asset inventory and device lifecycle management.
- Maintain and create in-depth documentation of IT projects and system configurations.
- Participate in on-call and rotating shifts to provide general IT support to the global team as needed.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Four (4) or more years of experience in a corporate IT environment with increased responsibility over time.
- Knowledge and experience implementing, supporting, or managing the following: Identity and access management: Okta, Onelogin, Ping and IPaaS: Workato, Okta Workflows, Tray.io
- Advanced administration experience with SaaS services and apps (e.g. Okta, G Suite, Slack, Zoom).
- Previous scripting/programming experience using Python, BASH, Terraform.
- Strong Unix/Mac Experience.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Passionate about providing and building world-class IT solutions for employees at Kandji and setting the standard for IT in the industry.
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and appropriately prioritize competing projects.
- MDM management experience.Network management and administration.
BONUS POINTS FOR
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of July
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 sick/wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Work from anywhere in the United States and Canada!
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.