Retail Marketing Manager/Head Of
In 2015, parents began spending millions of dollars on Kano products, and other education technology products, at Amazon and the Kano website. Now major retailers have woken up to the huge opportunity, and in the summer of 2016, Kano announced that its products would be stocked in every Toys”R”Us and Barnes & Noble in the US. With Kano’s sales growing rapidly, and retailers increasingly focussed on this lucrative new market, we expect very strong retail growth in 2017 and beyond.
Your role will be to ensure that Kano’s products are perfectly placed in our retail channels, helping consumers to learn about and purchase Kano products. You’ll be our principal contact with retailers’ marketing teams, expertly identifying new opportunities to get exposure in their marketing, stores and online sites. Your creative flair will ensure that our unique design helps to grab attention online and in store
- Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new creative generation to make and play with technology, not just consume it.
- We’re the UK’s fastest growing hardware startup (and by some measures we’re the UK’s fastest growing startup full stop).
- In just over three years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 150,000 kits to 86 countries, our oldest maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
- Kano is available in over 1,000 physical retail stores across the US, and our partners include Amazon, Toys”R”Us, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and Adafruit.
- Our products are used in over 1,000 code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education.
- Kano has raised $15m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neil, James Higa & Troy Carter.
- Our fans and customers include tech luminaries like Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
- Our most popular product is the Computer Kit, and in 2016 we launched three new products to the Kickstarter community.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer, and this role will be hired from a shortlist of at least 50% female candidates.
- Be our main POC with our retail partner’s marketing teams, develop and leverage these relationships to secure great sell-through for the brand and retailers championing our products to their customers.
- Ensure that Kano’s products are strongly represented on our partners’ websites, with frequent updates, and testing to optimize the content.
- Plan and deliver our POS program, to make sure that Kano gets the maximum value from its precious retail floor space.
- Work with the creative team to devise and deliver marketing assets for our stores both POS and digital.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the marketing team to devise and deliver marketing campaigns that drive sell through across all retail partners.
- Reporting into the VP Marketing, you’ll be part of a virtual retail team, with colleagues in Sales and Operations.
- 5-10 years working with mass-market consumer retail, selling and marketing consumer electronics, toys, or products targeted to parents/families.
- Experience working with large chain retailers is essential.
- Experience developing strong POS, and strong digital presence is essential.
- Experience working with Toys R Us, Best Buy, Target, Walmart or other US retailers is a highly valued.
- Very strong interpersonal and partner management skills.
- Strong commercial awareness, numeracy and decision making skills.