Performance Marketing Executive
Following tremendous direct channel sales growth from the in-housing and investment in performance marketing, Kano is looking to recruit a Performance Marketing Executive.
Reporting to the Head of Performance Marketing and working within a diverse and highly skilled marketing team the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of established Search and Social Advertising channels as well as the development of new opportunities.
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking for their next step in performance and programmatic marketing with the ability refine specialist skills in a growing area of the business and make a real difference in the future of the company.
- We’re the UK’s fastest growing hardware startup (and by some measures we’re the UK’s fastest growing startup full stop).
- In just over three years, we’ve built, sold and shipped over 150,000 kits to 86 countries, our oldest maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
- Kano is available in over 1,000 physical retail stores across the US, and our partners include Amazon, Toys”R”Us, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and Adafruit.
- Our products are used in over 1,000 code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education.
- Kano has raised $15m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neil, James Higa & Troy Carter.
- Our fans and customers include tech luminaries like Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
- Our most popular product is the Computer Kit, and in 2016 we launched three new products to the Kickstarter community.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer, and this role will be hired from a shortlist of at least 50% female candidates.
- Manage the current performance marketing mix of Search, Social Advertising and Display and across multiple markets and devices to meet channel and company targets for both B2C and B2B.
- Directly manage and develop the use of core platforms Adwords and Facebook Advertising, taking full advantage of new placements and tactics.
- Manage Amazon Marketing Services and develop new performance marketing activities with marketplace and retail channels as they arise.
- Make use of all core aspects of performance marketing including A/B testing creatives, audiences and ad placements.
- Provide reporting and analysis of marketing performance both within channels and the broader marketing mix, to optimise campaigns and budget allocation.
- Adopt a continual test and learn approach to all performance marketing activities to improve campaigns and broaden business understanding.
- Own and optimise the full path to conversion for performance marketing activities with use of bespoke landing pages and conversion rate optimisation.
- Work closely with the marketing team and wider business to align performance marketing with other campaigns, projects and product launches.
- Assist with other performance marketing activities as necessary.
- 2-5 years in paid or performance marketing, likely in the technology, consumer electronics, packaged goods or digital services industry.
- Experience directly managing Adwords and Facebook ad platforms.
- Excellent understanding of performance marketing, ecommerce and commercial KPIs and their use for campaign optimisation.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse and form actionable insight from large data sets.
- Demonstrable passion for performance marketing and awareness of advances in the industry.
- Flexible approach and ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-change environment.
What you should expect by working at Kano?
- Working with an exceptional group of people from over 20 nationalities
- Playful office environment in East London (we love flying drones and play table tennis)
- We tend to enjoy theme parks, go-carting, office games but also open for new ideas
- We give a package of £1,600 annually which can be used as vacation reimbursement for food, lodging, entertainment, and transportation, or any form of personal development
- You will be part of the company’s Stock Option plan (we’ll tell you why EMI is important!)