Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Its mission is to empower a new creative generation to make and play with technology, not just consume it.
Inspired by a challenge from a six-year-old – build a computer kit “as simple and fun as Lego” – Kano broke records on Kickstarter in 2013, with backing from Steve Wozniak, Harper Reed, and thousands of parents, young people, artists and teachers in 86 countries.
Kano was co-founded in January 2013 by Alex Klein, Saul Klein, and Yonatan Raz-Fridman, and has raised seed funding from Index Ventures, James Higa, Troy Carter and Shana Fisher, among others. In 2015, it announced a Series A led by Jim Breyer, with participation from Jim O’Neill and Collaborative Fund.
A new kind of computer company, built for creativity, Kano is headquartered in London, UK.
£30 to £40k, depending on previous experience.
You will work with our Data Scientist to help structure and deliver data, and provide in-depth analysis across the business. You will be working closely with the marketing team, but also interacting with the product and operations team, as well as having exposure to the senior management team. You will be expected to take the lead on projects to help solve concrete business problems.
The ideal candidate is a technically-minded analyst with previous experience working in or with a marketing team, who is looking to transition into a more technical role.
- Integrating external data sources into our data warehouse
- Creating automated reports
- Delivering ad-hoc analysis
- Defining key reporting metrics
- Turning data into meaningful insights
- Strong data analysis skills, ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data
- Good problem-solving and communication skills, with excellent organisation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and fit in with the company culture
- Strong skills with a Data Analysis tool (we’re using Excel / Google Drive and R)
- Experience in SQL / working with databases (we’re using a MySQL database)
Nice to have
- Experience with Python, which we use for our ETL processes.
- Experience with dashboarding tools (we are using Tableau)
What to expect from working at Kano
- Working with an exceptional group of people from 15 nationalities
- Playful office environment in East London (we love flying drones and play table tennis)
- We tend to enjoy theme parks but also open for new ideas
- Free lunch on Fridays