Product Marketing Manager
In 2016, Kano transformed from selling a single product through its own channel and Amazon, into a multi-product business, selling through eight retail partners across the world. Kano is looking for its first Product Marketing Manager to shape value propositions, execute attention-grabbing product launches, and manage a portfolio of products, price points, channels and target segments.
The role will form a crucial bridge between our fast-growing product and marketing teams, representing the consumer in the product creation and launch process. Reporting into the VP Marketing (who spent 7+ years in product marketing), you'll be the first team member of an important new function at Kano.
- Drive go-to-market plans for new products. Defining target audiences, messaging, channel options and more, to create bold launches for new products.
- Manage consumer and market insight for the marketing team. Ensure the team has deep empathy with our customers and the marketplace, by creating an ongoing program of consumer insight to keep us connected.
- Define value propositions for Kano’s existing and future products - using consumer and market insights, Kano’s army of marketing and product experts, and a keen understanding of our sales and marketing channels.
- Manage the product marketing portfolio, mapping products to customers and channels to maximize the growth of the business.
- Gather, report and analyse our marketing and customer data to keep the marketing team up to speed with how our various products, channels and segments are performing.
- Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new creative generation to make and play with technology, not just consume it.
- We’re the UK’s fastest growing hardware startup (and by some measures we’re the UK’s fastest growing startup full stop).
- In just over three years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 150,000 kits to 86 countries, our oldest maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
- Kano is available in over 1,000 physical retail stores across the US, and our partners include Amazon, Toys”R”Us, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and Adafruit.
- Our products are used in over 1,000 code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education.
- Kano has raised $15m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neil, James Higa & Troy Carter.
- Our fans and customers include tech luminaries like Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
- Our most popular product is the Computer Kit, and in 2016 we launched three new products to the Kickstarter community.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer, and this role will be hired from a shortlist of at least 50% female candidates.
- 5-10 years in consumer product marketing, likely in the technology, consumer electronics, packaged goods or digital services industry.
- Examples of successful product launches which you project managed are key.
- Experience developing and honing value propositions is essential.
- Track record of designing and executing consumer insight projects.
- Strong quant skills, able to manage and model complex data.
- Consumer-focussed, able to demonstrate understanding and empathy for consumers, why they make purchase decisions, what shapes a positive customer experience.