Retail Marketing Manager
Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new creative generation to make and play with technology, not just consume it.
-> We’re the UK’s fastest growing hardware startup (and by some measures we’re the UK’s fastest growing startup full stop).
-> In just over three years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 150,000 kits to 86 countries, our oldest maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
-> Kano is available in over 1,000 physical retail stores across the US, and our partners include Amazon, Toys”R”Us, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and Adafruit.
-> Our products are used in over 1,000 code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education.
-> Kano has raised $15m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neil, James Higa & Troy Carter.
-> Our fans and customers include tech luminaries like Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
-> Our most popular product is the Computer Kit, and in 2016 we launched three new products to the Kickstarter community.
-> We’re an equal opportunity employer, and this role will be hired from a shortlist of at least 50% female candidates.
Kano is a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting environment experiencing substantial growth as it begins it’s journey into global retail.
The role of Retail Marketing Manager will be focused on developing programmes with existing retail partners to drive sell thru targets and ensure that the in-store POS executions are supported fully across the retail marketing mix.
Optimizing Amazon (.com and .co.uk) will form a key aspect of this role, working with the buyer and within Vendor Central, to ensure Kano’s brand is at the forefront of the Launchpad platform, A+ content is at the highest level of quality, and reviews are consistently generated and amplified.
The ideal candidate will be relationship focused, analytical and adept at completing multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Retail Marketing Manager will support the Head of Retail Marketing in developing the Retail Channel for Kano as the business expands into new markets in 2018.
- The main POC with your designated retailer’s marketing teams. You will develop and leverage these relationships to secure great visibility for the brand, championing our products to customers.
- Ensure that Kano’s products are strongly represented on our partners’ websites, with frequent updates, and testing to optimize the content.
- Plan and deliver Retail Marketing Programmes with e-tail partners (primary focus on Amazon UK and US), to make sure that Kano achieves all online sell thru targets
- Develop a strategy for 5* review generation across partner websites - regularly monitor, evaluate and update
- Work with the creative team to devise and deliver marketing assets for retail digital content.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the marketing team to devise and deliver through-the-line marketing campaigns to drive sell through across retail.
- Reporting into the Head of Retail Marketing, you will be a key part in maximising each retail channel to drive Kano’s growth throughout pivotal trading periods
- 3+ Years’ experience in a Retail/Trade/Channel Marketing role within the Consumer Electronics, Video Games, Technology or Toy Sectors.
- Experience working with key accounts across retail and e-tail.
- Experience developing strong POS, and strong digital presence is essential.
- In-depth knowledge and experience working with Amazon and harnessing on-site merchandising opportunities.
- Very strong interpersonal and partner management skills.
- Strong commercial awareness, negotiation and decision making skills.