Education Sales Associate US
United States/ Framingham
Sales & Marketing
In 2015, parents began spending millions of dollars on Kano products, and other education technology products, at Amazon, at the Kano website, and then in every Toys”R”Us and Barnes & Noble in the US in 2016. 2016 also saw tremendous growth in our education channel, with Kano as the engaging product of choice for classroom, camp, and club programs.
With an increased focus on 21st century skills and STEM education to prepare young people for the jobs of the future, Kano is the tool of choice for hundreds of educators looking to introduce coding and computer science globally, and especially in the US.
Your role will be to drive sales for Kano by maximizing the conversion of leads from potential customers. You’ll engage with education customers who express interest in Kano, aiming to convert interest into sales.
- Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new creative generation to make and play with technology, not just consume it.
- We’re the UK’s fastest growing hardware startup (and by some measures we’re the UK’s fastest growing startup full stop).
- In just over three years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 150,000 kits to 86 countries, our oldest maker is 81 years old, our youngest is 4.
- Kano is available in over 1,000 physical retail stores across the US, and our partners include Amazon, Toys”R”Us, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and Adafruit.
- Our products are used in over 1,000 code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education.
- Kano has raised $15m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neil, James Higa & Troy Carter.
- Our fans and customers include tech luminaries like Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
- Our most popular product is the Computer Kit, and in 2016 we launched three new products to the Kickstarter community.
- Follow-up on inbound emails from education customers in Kano
- Meet and exceed sales targets and KPIs
- Capture CRM enhancing information and required purchase information
- Send personalized information and educate customers on Kano with strong product knowledge and demonstrations
- Generate ideas for marketing content for education - preferably be able to create this content yourself!
- Determine how to maximize inbound leads - bridging communication between teachers and higher-level decision makers, better understanding how they’ve learned about Kano
- Provide key customer insights to Kano team for product improvements
- Track pipeline and communication – build out processes within Salesforce
- Analyze current Report on Computer Science and STEM trends in the US and Kano’s fit in the ecosystem
- 2+ years experience in inbound and/or outbound sales - experience in educational sales preferred
- Experience using CRM to record communications and track the sales cycle. (Salesforce experience a plus!)
- Strong verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Experience in hitting and exceeding sales KPIs
- Ability to use and navigate through computer systems and databases proficiently
- Passion for introducing revolutionary technology products to educators
- Enthusiasm for working with educators
- Startup experience preferred