Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new creative generation to make and play with technology, not just consume it.
We’re the UK’s fastest growing hardware startup (and by some measures we’re the UK’s fastest growing startup full stop).
In just over three years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 150,000 kits to 86 countries, our oldest maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
Kano is available in over 1,000 physical retail stores across the US, and our partners include Amazon, Toys”R”Us, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and Adafruit.
Our products are used in over 1,000 code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education.
Kano has raised $15m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neil, James Higa & Troy Carter.
Our fans and customers include tech luminaries like Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
Our most popular product is the Computer Kit, and in 2016 we launched three new products to the Kickstarter community.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, and this role will be hired from a shortlist of at least 50% female candidates.
We are looking for a In-house recruiter to join our small but solid People/HR team. Your role will primarily focus on creating the strategy and execution, from beginning to end of a great hiring process. Helping the hiring managers and HR Manager find the best of the best. Have a great eye and creative flare to help build our external brand to draw in the best talent and also using data to help improve our sourcing techniques.
- Work closely with the hiring managers and HR Manager to deeply understand the requirements of the role, function and how it will fit in the organisation.
- Sourcing high calibre candidates directly and developing a large talent pool on which the company is able to draw in anticipation of future hiring needs.
- Planning and executing outreach strategies including, attending events, social media and referral generation.
- Communicating with candidates throughout the hiring process, and on our inbound channels.
- Lever (ATS) maintenance and management, including responsibility for reporting
- Building our external branding, on different talent platforms.
- Responsible for ensuring our recruitment process constantly represents our equal opportunities brand.
- Interview scheduling
- Interview telephone screening.
- Passionate about our mission in coding and technology
- Experience in working with a wide variety of candidate pool, either in-house or agency.
- Strong business and organisation skills, meeting tight deadlines with little direction.
- Able to showcase sourcing techniques and best practices
- Interview skills with a keen ability to screen for both technical and cultural qualities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.