Kano HQ, London
Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new creative generation to make and play with technology, not just consume it.
Alongside phenomenal growth in sales via Amazon, Toys R Us and other AAA retailers, Kano’s own ecommerce channel is our largest sales channel, and a critical part of our future plans. There are many critical experiences we can deliver through our own platform that retail partners can’t support. Whether it’s educating potential customers on our free online coding content on Kano World, or upselling our huge base of Kano Computer Kit customers to some of the amazing new products we announced in 2016. We’re looking for an ecommerce manager who can nail the basics (engaging and converting prospects) and help us make the most out of our online content platform and our connected system of hardware products.
- We’re the UK’s fastest growing hardware startup (and by some measures we’re the UK’s fastest growing startup full stop).
- In just over three years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 150,000 kits to 86 countries, our oldest maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
- Kano is available in over 1,000 physical retail stores across the US, and our partners include Amazon, Toys”R”Us, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and Adafruit.
- Our products are used in over 1,000 code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education.
- Kano has raised $15m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neil, James Higa & Troy Carter.
- Our fans and customers include tech luminaries like Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
- Our most popular product is the Computer Kit, and in 2016 we launched three new products to the Kickstarter community.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer, and this role will be hired from a shortlist of at least 50% female candidates.
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms is essential, experience with Shopify is a bonus.
- Delivering the best possible customer experience through: A/B testingConversion rate optimisationUsability testingUser experience planning and testingUnderstanding, planning and improving customer journeys for different segments and use cases.
- Expertise in implementing and managing Google Analytics is a must, with experience in user-centric analytics platforms a bonus.
- Ability to operate in a small, fast growing business with limited, but dedicated resources.
- Provide guidance and feedback to the creative team as part of the optimisation process.
- KPIs and targets including owned channel sales, conversion rate, basket abandonment, content engagement, email sign ups, lead generation and more.
- Complete operational management of Kano’s direct ecommerce site and platform - Kano’s most important single sales channel.
- Manage and upgrade our ecommerce analytics (Google Analytics) to provide real insights to help us understand customer behaviour, and optimise the site.
- Lead optimisation across Kano’s direct ecommerce channel, and Kano’s content platform Kano World.
- Plan and manage development and design resource to deliver a continuous set of improvements.
- Collaboration with the Head of Performance Marketing and Email Marketing Manager to hit aggressive direct channel sales targets.
- Working with our Product Owners to join the dots between our ecommerce and content sites.