United States/ Framingham
Sales & Marketing
Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world.
Our mission is to empower a new creative generation to make and play with technology, not just consume it.
We’re the UK’s fastest growing hardware startup (and by some measures we’re the UK’s fastest growing startup full stop). In just over three years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 150,000 kits to 86 countries, our oldest maker is 81 years old, our youngest is 4.
Kano is available in over 1,000 physical retail stores across the US, and our partners include Amazon, Toys”R”Us, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and Adafruit.
Our products are used in over 1,000 code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education.
Kano has raised $15m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neil, James Higa & Troy Carter.
Our fans and customers include tech luminaries like Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
Our most popular product is the Computer Kit, and in 2016 we launched three new products to the Kickstarter community.
About the Position
We are currently looking for an experienced Sales Coordinator to join our team. This is a key support position within our high-growth, dynamic global sales team. This position will be responsible for acting as a daily liaison between Kano’s US sales team and the UK sales and channel marketing teams to execute the company’s designated sales plan. Kano’s Inside Sales Coordinator will provide administrative business support to the global sales organization with a focus on sales plan execution, channel partner support and follow up, sales order acquisition and processing, documentation and organization, and general sales team administration.
- Under supervision of VP Global Sales responsible for delivering sales targets
- Primary day-to-day field sales team and key account liaison to execute partner on-boarding, sales program management, delivery and reporting
- Executes customer purchase orders acquisition, analysis and order processing with HQ
- Works closely with field sales team to prepare sales and sell thru management reports
- Coordinates sales assets, materials and presentations with UK-based HQCoordinates meeting/travel arrangements for domestic and international appointments
- Answers phone and email inquiries regarding account sales order status
- Utilizes company resources (Salesforce, G-Drive, etc.) to develop a filing system that keeps all active sales files (agreements, forecasts, reports etc.) available digitally and in hard copy form
- Ensure the inventory of custom sales presentation materials such as brochures and presentation folders is always up to date
- 2-5 years experience utilizing working with mass market retailers and vendor portals
- 3-5 years in a similar positionBachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledgeable and passion about the purchasing procedures of mass market retail chains
- Highly proficient with platforms such as Salesforce, G-Suite, Xero, Shopify
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially with Excel and pivot tables
- Experience with vendor set ups, retailer agreements, POS tracking reports
- Detail oriented with analytical, planning and verbal and written communication skills