Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new creative generation to make and play with technology, not just consume it.
Inspired by a challenge from a six-year-old – build a computer kit “as simple and fun as Lego” – Kano broke records on Kickstarter in 2013, with backing from Steve Wozniak, Harper Reed, and thousands of parents, young people, artists and teachers in 86 countries.
Kano was co-founded in January 2013 by Alex Klein, Saul Klein, and Yonatan Raz-Fridman, and has raised seed funding from Index Ventures, James Higa, Troy Carter and Shana Fisher, among others.
In 2015, it announced a Series A led by Jim Breyer, with participation from Jim O’Neill and Collaborative Fund.
A new kind of computer company, built for creativity, Kano is headquartered in London, UK.
With Kano progressing to the next phase of our development as a company, we are looking to hire a QA Engineer who will join our growing QA team.
You will test not only software but also web and hardware.
This is an excellent opportunity for a QA person looking to work on different technologies, across different teams and even with real users.
The role will among other things involve writing automated tests, documentation and helping with the release cycles.
As part of an Agile team, you will have the chance to work in very fast iterations, making your work very dynamic and challenging.
We are looking for a QA engineer who has no problems on getting his/her hands dirty with new technology and challenges.
- Experience using automated testing tools such as Cucumber, Watir, selenium or similar
- Performance test of API, websites and desktop applications
- Ability to work out of your comfort zone
- Team player
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and teach them
- Knowledge of different test methods.
- Automated tests of Linux operating system
- Working in both Unix and Windows environments
- Experience with Github
- Experience of Agile Methods
- Creating Automatic test of Google Blockly and/ or PolymerDevops experience
- Testing IoT or embedded systems
What you should expect by working at Kano?
- Working with an exceptional group of people from 11 nationalities
- Playful office environment in East London (we love flying drones and play table tennis)
- We tend to enjoy theme parks but also open for new ideas
- We give a package of £1,600 annually which can be used as vacation reimbursement for food, lodging, entertainment, and transportation, or any form of personal development
- You will be part of the company’s Stock Option plan (we’ll tell you why EMI is important!)