Full-stack Engineer (Perm)
London, United Kingdom
At Kantan we are on a mission to become the UK’s most trusted home maintenance platform. We are a startup striving to disrupt the £45bn home maintenance marketplace by bringing smart digital experiences to an industry traditionally underserved by technology. We are reimagining the experience of discovering and delivering home repair, installation and maintenance services. We have assembled a talented team with backgrounds in top tier technology, design and consulting firms like Uber, Facebook, Fjord and the Boston Consulting Group.
We are looking for a full-stack developers to join the initial engineering team and help seed the technical strategy, architecture, culture and ways of working. The engineering team will be responsible for building the core platform that connects supply to demand, manages allocation and completion of work, and ensures that work is delivered reliably and to a high quality. We are looking for someone who loves to build elegantly simple products, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality and attention to detail. If you are excited by the opportunity to bring creative use of technology to disrupt an industry, then we want to hear from you!
You’re the right person if
- You are genuinely passionate about developing products that will positively impact millions of people.
- You love working in teams and collaboratively building features that impact customers.
- You are motivated by owning products, from inception to continuous improvement.
- You believe strongly in test driven development and continuous delivery.
- You love building scalable, resilient solutions.
- You seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge
What You’ll Do
- As an early hire, you will be instrumental in
- Designing and architecting the various systems.
- Owning the products and their life cycles.
- Defining the engineering culture across the organisation.
What You’ll Need
- Expertise in one or more of React Native, Nodejs and Python.
- Experience and passion for working across the stack.
- Experience with developing complex software systems at scale with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Experience with cloud based platforms and technologies.
- Experience in SOA or microservice architecture design.
- Driven and focused self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through—you have a great work ethic and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- Bonus points if you have built a product from ideation to public release.