Kapor Capital Startup Internship Program (Summer 2020)
Summer 2020 Internship
Curious about the realities of startup life? Looking to make a valuable contribution while learning new skills and building professional experience?
Consider a paid summer internship with a Kapor Capital portfolio company.
Kapor Capital is an early stage venture capital firm that invests in seed stage information technology companies whose core business simultaneously generates strong economic value and positive social impact. With a portfolio of 120+ social impact companies spanning edtech, fintech, healthcare tech, people operations tech, food, media, work, and justice we believe that startups can leverage information technology to solve real world problems, tangibly improve the lives of millions, transform entire industries, and address urgent social needs. You can learn more about our impact in the industry here: https://impact.kaporcapital.com/
The Kapor Capital Startup Internship Program is a gateway opportunity with the dual goals of 1) connecting and exposing new and seasoned talent to tech startups and 2) supporting our companies in scaling their recruitment efforts. To provide the widest opportunity, internships are available across all business functions (i.e. software engineering, data analysis, product, operations, customer success, business development, and people operations). Qualified interns will be matched with host companies based on mutual interest and location (intern) and business need (company).
Application Deadline: March 11, 2020
Interview + Consideration Period: Through April 10
Internship Duration: Minimum 10 weeks with hosting company between June- August
Who Should Apply?
Anyone looking to break into the startup scene.
Anyone looking to gain on the ground experience in a tech startup.
Anyone looking to spend an impactful summer contributing to social good.
We are committed to democratizing access and diversifying the players in the tech industry. In keeping with our values and our commitment to fostering a more inclusive tech ecosystem, we welcome members from all walks of life and all stages of their career. We believe that startup readiness is more than a set of skills or experiences, it is a mindset paired with passion. We know you can be a great candidate even if you've never worked in a startup before. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, people with disabilities, and established professionals looking to make a career transition.
While each internship is an individualized experience, you can expect the following:
- A pre- internship orientation training to resource you for success in your summer role
- A cohort network of fellow startup explorers
- A core project to support for the duration of your internship
- An opportunity to hone your professional skills and beef up your resume
You Bring the Following:
- A desire to explore a career in a tech startup
- A commitment to closing gaps of access and opportunity
- An appetite for learning
- An appreciation for constructive feedback
- Demonstrated resourcefulness paired with a track record for delivering results
- An affinity for collaboration complimented by healthy self-directedness
- An understanding that impactful contributions can take many forms in a startup environment
While we aim for the broadest definition of inclusivity, we do require the following:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are eligible to work in the U.S.
- You are able to commit to a 10 week summer internship with your hiring startup
Ready to apply?
This application will take no longer than ten minutes to complete.
We appreciate your thoughtful responses and thank you for helping us to build a consciously inclusive internship program that serves all candidates.