Operations Support Specialist
Who is Karat?
Karat is the world's leader in conducting first-round technical interviews. Our network of experienced interview engineers have conducted over 20,000 technical interviews on behalf of clients including Indeed, Pinterest, Intuit, and MuleSoft. We continuously analyze our interview data to get smarter and more predictive with every interview we conduct. As a result, our clients reclaim 60% of engineering hours per hire, accelerate achievement of their hiring goal by 25%, and offer an exceptional experience with 95% of candidates rating their experience as positive.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
The Operations Support Specialist works at the heart of Karat’s product and operations. You'll play a crucial role in defining the Karat user experience. You’ll be on the front lines in interacting with candidates and interviewers and representing the Karat brand, as well as the brands of our clients. In addition, you will play an important role in helping to refine our core interviewing product based on your interactions with candidates and interviewers.
- Work with our network of technical interviewers to accurately portray candidates’ interview results
- Provide real-time support to candidates and interviewers during live interviews
- Develop and execute against communication protocols, messaging, and workflow to ensure that candidates’ questions and concerns are responded to in a timely fashion and reflect the Karat brand and values
- Continuously drive improvements in the overall candidate experience
- Help develop and refine our core interviewing product
- Have superb English communication skills.
- Are able to be productive while working remotely.
- Have great writing skills--you’ll be editing a lot of content.
- Are able and desire to learn quickly in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Can communicate and collaborate well with others: you’ll need to empathize appropriately with distinct audiences (developers, candidates, clients, etc).
- Like dynamic environments where constant innovation is required. We are always trying to improve and we’ll look to you to keep an eye out for areas of improvement after you are familiar with our systems.
- Can manage your time well and are reliable--always showing up is half the battle!
- Are open to a flexible schedule at times, and willing to help out as our interview volume fluctuates.
- Knowledge of computer science and ability to code is a plus.
Role specific details
- Employment type: Independent contractor
- Hours: Part time to start
- Location: Remote
- Hourly pay: $15
Thank you for your interest in Karat!