Operations Support Specialist - Weekend
Our mission at Karat
Hiring top talent is a critical activity for all companies, yet the way organizations interview candidates is broken. Interviewing is a time consuming process that is rarely data-driven. Here at Karat, we see a massive opportunity to transform the interviewing experience for every candidate and company.
Karat is on a mission to assess the world's talent. We are the first dedicated marketplace for technical interviewers. Karat's network of seasoned engineers conduct the first rounds of technical interviews for elite engineering companies. Our robust platform saves teams thousands of valuable hours while allowing them to focus on the top performing candidates. Karat's unique approach recognizes that people are central to the hiring process and that they can be supercharged by leveraging machine learning and our rich database of the world's interviews.
We face incredible demand for our service and are delivering significant value to elite engineering companies like Interana, BuildZoom and Minted. We are funded by top VCs including Formation8 and Founder Collective, plus the founders of companies like Glassdoor, Mulesoft, Lookout, OPOWER, MediaLink and CAA. Karat is headquartered in the University District of Seattle, WA.
The Operations Support Specialist works at the heart of Karat’s product and operations. You'll play a crucial role in defining and managing the Karat user experience. You’ll create, execute, and improve the processes necessary to ensure that all interviews and associated content are produced smoothly and efficiently. You’ll be on the front lines in interacting with candidates and interviewers and representing the Karat brand, as well as the brands of our clients. You’ll also work closely with Karat’s core team to help develop and refine our core interviewing product based on your interactions with all stakeholders.
- Work with our network of technical interviewers to accurately portray candidates’ interview results
- Provide technical support to candidates and interviewers during live interviews
- Develop and execute against communication protocols, messaging, and workflow to ensure that candidates’ questions and concerns are responded to in a timely fashion and reflect the Karat brand and values
- Continuously drive improvements in the overall candidate experience
- Work closely with Karat’s team to help develop and refine our core interviewing product
- Must be available to work 9am-4pm and/or 3pm-11pm PST, Saturday and Sunday.
- Have superb English communication skills.
- Are able to be productive while working remotely.
- Have great writing skills--you’ll be editing a lot of content.
- Are able and desire to learn quickly in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Can communicate and collaborate well with others: you’ll need to empathize appropriately with distinct audiences (developers, candidates, clients, etc).
- Like dynamic environments where constant innovation is required. We are always trying to improve and we’ll look to you to keep an eye out for areas of improvement after you are familiar with our systems.
- Can manage your time well and are reliable--always showing up is half the battle!
- Are open to a flexible schedule at times, and willing to help out as our interview volume fluctuates.
- Knowledge of computer science and ability to code is a plus.