Operations Support Specialist
Our mission at Karat
Karat is on a mission to assess the world's talent. Karat's network of seasoned engineers conduct the first rounds of technical interviews for elite engineering companies. Our robust platform saves teams thousands of valuable hours while allowing them to focus on the top performing candidates. Hiring top talent is a critical activity for all companies, yet the way organizations interview candidates is broken. Karat's unique approach recognizes that people are central to the hiring process and that they can be supercharged by leveraging machine learning and our rich database of the world's interviews.
The Operations Support Specialist works at the heart of Karat’s product and operations. You'll play a crucial role in defining the Karat user experience. You’ll be on the front lines in interacting with candidates and interviewers and representing the Karat brand, as well as the brands of our clients. In addition, you will play an important role in helping to refine our core interviewing product based on your interactions with candidates and interviewers.
- Work with our network of technical interviewers to accurately portray candidates’ interview results
- Provide real-time support to candidates and interviewers during live interviews
- Develop and execute against communication protocols, messaging, and workflow to ensure that candidates’ questions and concerns are responded to in a timely fashion and reflect the Karat brand and values
- Continuously drive improvements in the overall candidate experience
- Help develop and refine our core interviewing product
- Must be available to work 9am-4pm PST, Monday-Saturday.
- Have superb English communication skills.
- Are able to be productive while working remotely.
- Have great writing skills--you’ll be editing a lot of content.
- Are able and desire to learn quickly in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Can communicate and collaborate well with others: you’ll need to empathize appropriately with distinct audiences (developers, candidates, clients, etc).
- Like dynamic environments where constant innovation is required. We are always trying to improve and we’ll look to you to keep an eye out for areas of improvement after you are familiar with our systems.
- Can manage your time well and are reliable--always showing up is half the battle!
- Are open to a flexible schedule at times, and willing to help out as our interview volume fluctuates.
- Knowledge of computer science and ability to code is a plus.