Senior Software Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering
Karius is a venture-backed life science startup focused on transforming the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Combining Next-Generation Sequencing and proprietary data analysis, we can identify over 1,300 pathogens from a single blood sample with typical turn around time in one business day. By introducing liquid biopsy into the diagnosis of infectious diseases, we're helping doctors quickly solve their most challenging cases, with a future vision of accelerating clinical trials, discovering new microbes, and reducing patient suffering worldwide.
We are looking for a senior software engineer who is excited by the challenge of conceiving, architecting, and most importantly, implementing the infrastructure we’ll need to enable lightning fast diagnosis pipelines at scale, as well as large scale data analysis on complex genomic data that clinicians will use to decide how to treat infected patients.
When was the last time the system you built saved a life?
· Have strong opinions, backed by proven experience, on how good systems should be build
· Have the ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and build them yourself
· Make a profound impact on patient outcomes through the systems you help build
You bring significant experience with some of the following:
· 10+ years working with Java
· 2+ years working with Scala
· Databases (MySQL, Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB, etc)
· Expertise with AWS
· Linux development and production environment (Linux, bash, package management, etc)
· Devops (Provisioning, Docker, etc)
· Data streaming (Kinesis, Kafka, etc)
· Nice to have experience in Python