Medical Director - Clinical Development
Karius is a venture-backed life science startup focused on transforming the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Combining Next-Generation Sequencing and proprietary data analysis, we can identify over 1,300 pathogens from a single blood sample with typical turn around time in one business day. By introducing liquid biopsy into the diagnosis of infectious diseases, we're helping doctors quickly solve their most challenging cases, with a future vision of accelerating clinical trials, discovering new microbes, and reducing patient suffering worldwide.
We are looking for an outstanding clinician to participate in study design, to generate study protocols as well as recruit investigational sites. She/he will provide medical and scientific support to sites throughout study execution and support our publication strategy efforts.
You will also provide medical and scientific leadership for our Product, Marketing and Sales organizations . You will have the ability to provide insights into future product development and enhancements as we apply Next Generation Sequencing technology to infectious disease diagnostics.
· Provide insights into future product development and enhancements
· Provide medical and/or scientific expertise and leadership to project team during life-cycle of study
· Generate reports and other regulatory submissions as well as generate and/or review publications, posters, and scientific presentations
· Facilitate clinical and/or scientific advisory boards and manage external clinical and/or scientific consultants
· Facilitate, manage and coordinate all grant requests for support of Investigator Initiated Studies
· Doctoral-level degree in the Life Sciences (MD) is required
· Post-graduate training or prior industry experience in infectious diseases is highly preferred
· 5 years minimum of experience in a clinical setting and/or industry is preferred
· Excellent analytical skills and solid experience in translating medical/scientific information into medical affairs and clinical development strategies
· Expertise in scientific and clinical data review and interpretation
· Outstanding communication skills including public speaking, written communication, and interpersonal skills
· Experience writing clinical study reports, poster presentations, and manuscripts for publication in a scientific journal preferred
· Project leadership/ management skills
· Ability to travel 10-20% as projects require