Medical Director - Clinical Development
Karius is a life science company focused on transforming infectious disease diagnosis with genomics. Our NGS test helps clinicians rapidly identify over a thousand pathogens from a single noninvasive blood draw in one business day. We offer precise, broad-based detection of bacteria, DNA viruses, fungi, mold, and protozoa based on analysis of microbial cell-free DNA. The technology is impacting patients' lives today, with future applications in accelerated development of new therapeutics and discovery of novel organisms.
We are looking for an outstanding clinician to participate in study design, to generate study protocols as well as recruit investigational sites. She/he will provide medical and scientific support to sites throughout study execution and support our publication strategy efforts.
You will also provide medical and scientific leadership for our Product, Marketing and Sales organizations . You will have the ability to provide insights into future product development and enhancements as we apply Next Generation Sequencing technology to infectious disease diagnostics.
· Provide insights into future product development and enhancements
· Provide medical and/or scientific expertise and leadership to project team during life-cycle of study
· Generate reports and other regulatory submissions as well as generate and/or review publications, posters, and scientific presentations
· Facilitate clinical and/or scientific advisory boards and manage external clinical and/or scientific consultants
· Facilitate, manage and coordinate all grant requests for support of Investigator Initiated Studies
· Doctoral-level degree in the Life Sciences (MD) is required
· Post-graduate training or prior industry experience in infectious diseases is highly preferred
· 5 years minimum of experience in a clinical setting and/or industry is preferred
· Excellent analytical skills and solid experience in translating medical/scientific information into medical affairs and clinical development strategies
· Expertise in scientific and clinical data review and interpretation
· Outstanding communication skills including public speaking, written communication, and interpersonal skills
· Experience writing clinical study reports, poster presentations, and manuscripts for publication in a scientific journal preferred
· Project leadership/ management skills
· Ability to travel 10-20% as projects require