Medical Director - Medical Affairs
Karius is a life science company focused on transforming infectious disease diagnosis with genomics. Our NGS test helps clinicians rapidly identify over a thousand pathogens from a single noninvasive blood draw in one business day. We offer precise, broad-based detection of bacteria, DNA viruses, fungi, mold, and protozoa based on analysis of microbial cell-free DNA. The technology is impacting patients' lives today, with future applications in accelerated development of new therapeutics and discovery of novel organisms.
We are looking for an outstanding clinician responsible for Medical Affairs activities in support of the Karius cell-free plasma infectious disease diagnostic test. You will provide medical and scientific leadership for our Product, Marketing, and Sales organizations. You will also have the ability to provide insights into future product developments and enhancements as we apply Next Generation Sequencing technology to infectious disease diagnostics.
· Provide Clinical Consultations to physicians who have ordered Karius tests
· Support sales and marketing to prepare product launch and provide medical expertise as needed
· Review of promotional material as needed to ensure medical and scientific aspects are true and accurate
· Prepare and give clinical and scientific presentations for external educational programs and scientific/clinical conferences
· Assist in the preparation and writing of white papers, manuscripts, meeting abstracts, and meeting posters/talks
· Facilitate collaborative relationships with thought leaders internally as advisors, consultants, investigators, expert guest speakers and business development partners.
· Assist in the management and coordination of Investigator Initiated studies
· Doctoral-level degree in the Life Sciences (MD or DO) is required
· Post-graduate training or prior industry experience in infectious diseases or oncology is highly preferred
· 5 years minimum of experience in a clinical setting and/or industry is preferred
· Excellent analytical skills and solid experience in translating medical/scientific information into medical affairs and clinical development strategies
· Outstanding communication skills including public speaking, written communication, and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate technical concepts with clarity and accuracy
· Experience writing clinical study reports, poster presentations, and manuscripts for publication in a scientific journal preferred
· Project leadership/ management skills
· Ability to travel 20-40% as projects require