Dev Ops Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering
Karius is a life science company focused on transforming the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Our genomics-based test can identify over a thousand pathogens from a single blood sample in one business day. We're helping doctors quickly solve their most challenging cases, with a future vision of accelerating clinical trials, discovering new microbes, and reducing patient suffering worldwide.
The Dev Ops engineer will drive velocity and robustness in our research, engineering, business and operations through the introduction of advanced infrastructure and processes.
· Be responsible for establishing automation, tooling, and overall system optimization
· Focus on ensuring that our platforms support efficient research and development, and our commercial services exhibit high-availability, high-throughput, and low-latency
· Drive our organization to the limits of self-empowered IT, bringing people, process, and technology together
· BS degree in Computer Science, or related technical field
· Mastery of Linux-based systems (3+ years, from kernel to shell)
· Proficiency with Docker, Kubernetes, or equivalent
· Deep experienced with both SQL (e.g., postgres) and noSQL (e.g., redis)
· Demonstrated solid experience with AWS key services, and related technologies (e.g., serverless and terraform)
· Developed, deployed, and supported infrastructure used to optimize the development and deployment of production systems, including establishing systems for monitoring, logging, alerting, and issue resolution
· Experience setting up foundational architecture components, such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Zookeeper, etc.
· Experience building high quality distributed systems or backend services
· Familiarity with one or more common web frameworks
· Working experience with Python and related cloud-libraries
· Experience working with data processing, loading, and transformation systems