UI/UX Designer (Part-Time)
San Francisco, CA
CANDIDATES MUST BE BASED IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA OR WILLING TO TRAVEL AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE.
Karuna is an early-stage venture-backed digital therapeutics company that builds immersive virtual reality technology designed to treat chronic pain by retraining the brain. Karuna’s evidence-based approach to chronic pain leverages physical therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and cognitive neuroscience to treat neuropathic pain conditions by resolving sensory motor incongruences and helping patients to overcome fear-avoidant behavior.
We’re looking for an experienced, empathetic UX Designer who is interested in creating great experiences for medical professionals and patients alike.
THIS IS A 2 - 3 MONTH CONTRACT WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION.
• Work with developers and product manager to holistically create a friendly and intuitive user experience.
• Identify, distill, and curate common UX patterns and work with peers and stakeholders to cross-pollinate and drive them into the product.
• Work with user research to continually pursue user satisfaction with small-scale usability studies and testing.
• Create user-focused designs based PT, doctor, and patient feedback
• 4+ years of experience in UX design in technical domains, e.g. productivity or developer tools.
• Proven track record of successfully delivering results in an agile development environment.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, etc., or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated excellence in UX architecture, interaction and visual design.
• Must know industry best practices for desktop application design and usability.
• Must be diplomatic and capable of resolving disputes in a responsible manner in line with the company culture and values.