San Francisco, CA
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN SAN FRANCISCO AND IS NOT REMOTE. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR VISAS.
Karuna is an early-stage venture-backed digital therapeutics company. Karuna Labs builds immersive virtual reality technology designed to treat chronic pain by retraining the brain. Karuna’s evidence-based approach to chronic pain leverages physical therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and cognitive neuroscience to treat neuropathic pain conditions by resolving sensory motor incongruences and helping patients to overcome fear-avoidant behavior.
Karuna’s mission is to become a first line defense for chronic pain. We’re looking for deep generalists who are adept at building creative solutions to complex problems.
- 3+ years of experience developing in Unity
- Strong knowledge and experience with VR (virtual reality)
- Experience developing for Rift or Vive preferred
- Python knowledge preferred
- Experience delivering a software product
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with game physics and particle systems
- Experience with virtual reality (Vive, Oculus, PSVR) and VR SDKs (SteamVR plugin for Unity, UnityVR API, OpenVR)
- Experience working within agile Scrum engineering teams
- Hands-on experience developing AAA-quality game titles for the PC or game consoles using leading 3D game creation engines
- Experience developing and launching VR applications on major platforms
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools
- Develop game mechanics and system processes
- Implement, hone and optimize functionality in existing game engines
- Collaborate with others to design and build architectures for new systems, and maintain and improve current ones
- Contribute original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Advise and mentor other programmers
- Provide technical leadership in areas of specialization and assist other engineers with technical questions
- Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Keep up to date with the technological developments and advancements in the computer game industry
- Complete CPU and GPU specific optimization tasks
- Develop familiarity with hardware details of specific game platforms, their capabilities and performance bottlenecks
- Constantly analyze code performance and architect optimizations
- Document developments and code
We're looking for mid-level unity developers interested in designing compelling user interactions in virtual reality. You will be on a small team collaborating and working autonomously.