Senior Technical Support Engineer
Remote - Australia /
Customer Support & Success /
Join us in stopping bad bots, for good! Kasada protects millions of online users everyday. Founded to stop automated bot attacks, we believe the internet should be a safe place for everyone. Bad bots are highly destructive. They take over accounts, steal content, overload systems and infrastructure and cause billions of dollars in damages every year. Seeking to restore trust in the internet, Kasada stops bots at the very first request including those that have never been seen before.
We’ve grown from a few friends working out of a shipping container under the Sydney Harbour Bridge to now operating globally, we’re spread across the world protecting some of the most well-known brands on the face of the earth.
We’re an innately curious team that’s not afraid to bring bold ideas to create better ways of solving problems. We’re looking for people who are passionate about solving some of the most difficult and pressing cybersecurity issues, while having fun doing it!
About the role
This isn’t your ordinary Senior Technical Support Engineer role, and Kasada is not your typical Cyber Security business. We’re helping humans take control back, and we’re looking for a tech savvy individual who truly lives and breathes delivering an extraordinary customer experience, while solving highly complex and challenging technical problems.
Our Technical Support Team is an integral part of our global customers' success, and you will have a direct impact in everything you do. If you're a great communicator and collaborator, a future thinker and natural problem solver, then you may just be the new team member we're looking for. We need someone who seeks to understand our customers' goals, and enables them to succeed; both directly and by solving problems through collaboration with R&D, Customer Success and Product Teams. Someone who sees opportunities and pro-actively engages in business wide projects, influencing our product evolution to deliver the optimal customer experience will be hugely successful in this role.
This can be a fully remote role, based anywhere in Australia or hybrid (we have offices in Sydney and Melbourne).
About you, Ideally you will have experience in most of the following:
- Ability to break down the big problems into smaller problems in order to efficiently pinpoint root cause of issues, and resolve them effectively
- Absolute understanding of how the DNS worksBasic understanding of MacOS and Unix Terminal commands
- Knowledge or experience in using and troubleshooting issues with CDNs like Cloudfront/Akamai/Section.io
- Past experience with cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone, or screen-shares
- Strong sense of empathy for the customer experience, and able to “speak customer”
- Passion for identifying opportunities to develop or improve processes
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively operate with a wide variety of people and roles
The Benefits of being a Kasadian
We want to ensure Kasada remains a great place to work and a place to do great work. It's important to us to build an inclusive environment where you can realize your full potential. We are a highly collaborative team regardless of location, placing a strong emphasis on our core values; and we have designed our benefits package so you can thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A stake in Kasada’s global success with equity/stock options
- Flexible working hours and arrangements - Create a schedule that suits you
- Support for growing families - Generous parental leave allowances and return to work coaching
- Resources for well-being to support your growth including our EAP - confidential counseling for you and your loved ones
- An action packed calendar of fun in-person and virtual events
- New Macbooks for all!
- Pet friendly offices - We love all Kasadians, whether they have two, four, or more legs!
Sound interesting? What’s next?
Hit the apply button and one of our team will set up an exploratory, confidential discussion. We have designed our hiring process to be streamlined and thorough so everyone can make the right call on whether it is the right move for you. We are an inclusive team and this extends to all candidates that interview with us. Interviews are conducted virtually however if you want to come onsite - just ask! When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any adjustments you may need during the interview process, we want to ensure you are set up for success in every conversation.
Still with us? Just a little bit more…
Research shows that women and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they check every box. We’re always keen to broaden our perspective, so if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point above, please still get in touch, we'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to the team!