Site Reliability Engineer (Remote - West Coast US Based)
San Francisco /
We’re continually working towards making Kasada the best place to work, for everyone. We are deeply passionate about not only embracing diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression, but in building deep relationships, seeking to understand each other, to empower each other to bring our best selves together to collaborate and innovate each day. We value different experiences, we trust each other and we ultimately focus on delivering a positive impact both on each other and the world around us. Even if you are not sure that you quite meet all of the qualifications, please reach out - we’d love to hear from you.
Kasada can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Kasadians can choose to work remotely, return to an office or work hybrid, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually.
We currently have an opening for a Site Reliability Engineer. We deal with very high traffic, we're talking upwards of a 2 million requests per minute. This is a fantastic opportunity to join and make your mark on how we handle large scale at Kasada. This role is a key enabler in helping us achieve our vision.
This will be a remote role, based on the West Coast of the United States.
What you'll bring
- Experience working as an SRE with high traffic applications
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Experience with Kibana and Grafana
- Good understanding of AWS and how scaling works
- Experience working with environments using Infrastructure as Code tools such as CloudFormation, Pulumi or Terraform
- Broad understanding of DevOps concepts and best practices
- Broad knowledge of logging and monitoring systems
- Broad knowledge of the software engineering lifecycle
What you'll be doing
- Optimising our production monitoring solutions
- Ensuring we have the right instrumentation and alerting set up
- Driving improvements in system reliability through the engineering teams
- Manage our pre-scale up/scale down events for big launches
- Respond to infrastructure related incidents
- Improve documentation on production systems
- Conduct Post Incident Reviews
We are ONE Team, and we work as a united force to continually deliver a positive impact to the world and each other, as we grow. We pride ourselves in our curiosity, digging deep while creating a fun, innovative and balanced environment. We are fast moving and fast growing, focusing on the right problems to get the greatest outcomes for our customers and our team. We encourage each other to share experiences and opinions, AND to act on them. We empower you to do great things!
More about Kasada
Our mission is to restore trust in the Internet, giving the world’s most innovative organisations the freedom to focus on what they do best. Kasada empowers enterprises to both protect their businesses, and make smart decisions based on real data, real transactions and real growth -- ; pioneering a simpler approach that ensures immediate and long-lasting protection... WE stop the bot attacks others can’t with a global based service that operates at unmatched scale!
Founded in Australia, Kasada has expanded in Sydney, Melbourne, New York, San Francisco and London; and we are looking for people who are passionate about creating a secure and safe internet for businesses and people, everywhere AND having a damned good time while we do it!
More about our benefits
Regardless of location, or whether you work in the office, from home, or a combination of the two, Kasada is a highly collaborative team, and we are always looking for more ways to have fun! We support you with some great perks, such as: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, health & wellbeing benefits, flexible learning opportunities, Hackathon days, killer swag, and we continue expanding our benefits portfolio!