Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst
Threat Intelligence /
Join us in stopping bad bots, for good! Kasada protects millions of online users everyday. Founded to stop automated bot attacks, we believe the internet should be a safe place for everyone. Bad bots are highly destructive. They take over accounts, steal content, overload systems and infrastructure and cause billions of dollars in damages every year. Seeking to restore trust in the internet, Kasada stops bots at the very first request including those that have never been seen before.
We’ve grown from a few friends working out of a shipping container under the Sydney Harbour Bridge to now operating globally, we’re spread across the world protecting some of the most well-known brands on the face of the earth.
We’re an innately curious team that’s not afraid to bring bold ideas to create better ways of solving problems. We’re looking for people who are passionate about solving some of the most difficult and pressing cybersecurity issues, while having fun doing it!
We’re currently on the lookout for a Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst. This role will support the creation and implementation of Kasada’s Threat Intelligence capability, work closely with internal teams to provide evidence based, data driven insights to improve our product and provide strategic and tactical intelligence to our customers. Your experience in a similar role in a cyber security environment will be highly regarded.
This position will allow you to apply your extensive analytical skills in the fight against bad bots. Your strong interpersonal skills will assist in growing the profile of threat intelligence and our intelligence practice more broadly within Kasada, helping to support the delivery of our goals throughout 2023 and beyond.
This is a global team and we support a remote-first culture. Whilst we have offices in Melbourne and Sydney this role can be based anywhere in Australia.
What you will do…
- Maintain strategic quarterly intelligence reporting for our largest clients
- Analyse collected data to identify trends, further collection sources, and provide efficacy reporting on Kasada and competitor bot mitigations based on available data.
- Production of strategic reporting for internal and external stakeholders in the form of both written and verbal briefings (as required).
- Provide guidance to the intelligence analyst cohort on development of strategic and tactical documentation.
What you will bring…
- Experience in an intelligence analysis and a cyber security role
- High level research and analytical skills and a proven ability to make sound judgments.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Good subject matter knowledge and awareness of automated cyber security attacks, bot mitigation techniques, or bot groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to translate complex, technical information into simple language, identify key messages and adapt their communication style depending on the audience.
- An understanding of the intelligence collection lifecycle and experience in the application of the lifecycle within a cyber security context
- Having basic data analytics or data science skills/experience, including coding or creating complex SQL/Splunk queries would be highly desirable.
The Benefits of being a Kasadian
We want to ensure Kasada remains a great place to work and a place to do great work. It's important to us to build an inclusive environment where you can realize your full potential. We are a highly collaborative team regardless of location, placing a strong emphasis on our core values; and we have designed our benefits package so you can thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A stake in Kasada’s global success with equity/stock options
- Flexible working hours and arrangements - Create a schedule that suits you
- Support for growing families - Generous parental leave allowances and return to work coaching
- Resources for well-being to support your growth including our EAP - confidential counseling for you and your loved ones
- An action packed calendar of fun in-person and virtual events
- New Macbooks for all!
- Pet friendly offices - We love all Kasadians, whether they have two, four, or more legs!
Sound interesting? What’s next?
Hit the apply button and one of our team will set up an exploratory, confidential discussion. We have designed our hiring process to be streamlined and thorough so everyone can make the right call on whether it is the right move for you. We are an inclusive team and this extends to all candidates that interview with us. Interviews are conducted virtually however if you want to come onsite - just ask! When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any adjustments you may need during the interview process, we want to ensure you are set up for success in every conversation.
Still with us? Just a little bit more…
Research shows that women and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they check every box. We’re always keen to broaden our perspective, so if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point above, please still get in touch, we'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to the team!