Senior Technical Product Manager
Product – Protocol /
We are a Layer 1 Blockchain company with a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. While distributed, you will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts on an open-source project that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily, providing the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto.
Kava Labs is hiring for Senior Technical Product Manager for its Protocol team, who will be responsible for the product development process as they work collaboratively with the Protocol Engineering Manager and team to scope and plan out projects in alignment with KAVA. This is a full-time, remote position and can be based anywhere within PST - EST time zones.
What You Will Do.
- Product Development Process: Own the Protocol product vision and find alignment with Kava’s roadmap and business goals. Carry out our Protocol product development life-cycle from conception to launch, optimizing Agile process, sprint planning, grooming, and retros. Execute against team KPI’s and deliverables.
- Create Diagrams & Shared Language: Craft Diagrams for major and minor feature releases. Develop shared language to drive narratives and understanding to Engineering and Business Development departments in KAVA.
- Market Research/ Data Analysis: They will utilize OKRs, metrics and data, to drive business performance to KAVA’s various products.
- Working Cross-Functionally: Collaborate with other team leaders from Engineering and Design teams to execute the product development process. Scope and develop timelines for feature specifications.
Who You Are.
- 4+ Years experience as a Product Manager, with 2 different roles owning a technical product (Ideally for platform and business facing products).
- 2+ Years experience running an Agile methodology.
- 3+ Years writing epics and user stories and 1+ years writing PRD.
- Experience owning 1 or more greenfield projects.
- 3+ Years experience across 2 different roles where you had to learn and adapt to a new complex technology (Cloud, Distributed Systems, Fintech).
- 3+ Years experience creating diagrams and shared communication between different teams (e.g. Engineering, Product, Business Development).
- 3+ years working with customer facing products (ideally B2B).
- 3+ Years experience communicating roadmap with stakeholders.
- 3+ years experience identifying goals and OKRs for teams/ organizations.
- 2+ Years experience providing business performance reports based on metrics to leadership.
- Experience using Data Analytics Platform (Amplitude, Google Analytics or Mixpanel).
- Has developed/ built features to get ahead of market competition.
- Has experience working directly with the Head of Product or CEO
- Able to adapt and adjust in a fast-paced changing digital environment is a must.
Nice to Haves.
- Experience with business platform products.
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Experience working on a Cosmos or EVM Node provisioning company.
- Experience managing other PM’s, or at minimum possess a strong desire to manage.
- Recruiter: 45 Minutes.
- Head of People: 30 Minutes.
- Technical Screen: 1 Hour.
- Hiring Manager: 1 Hour.
- Panel Presentation: 1 Hour
What We Offer.
- A fully remote work environment with an international and diverse team
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up, wellness, internet and cell phone.
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO and Holidays
- A fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
Benefits, perks and policies are subject to change and eligibility may vary based on location.
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial (DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and cultures but we’re all united in our passion for building new open financial infrastructure — together so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.