Linux Systems Administrator
REMOTE / ANYWHERE USA / REDWOOD SHORES, CA /
Sys Ops /
Who is KDInfotech?
KDInfotech offers small and medium sized businesses solutions and support with all aspects of their infrastructure nationwide. We develop, manage, and partner on projects such as, application support, network administration, communication systems, and workstation performance. We like to call ourselves IT Partners that will come in and help in any situation necessary. As a fast growing successful company, we are redefining how tech support benefits our clients.
A Day in the Life of our Linux Systems Administrator (Life Sciences)
Our Linux Systems Administrator will be primary Tier 1 support contact for scientists, biostatisticians, AI/ML researchers, and developers wanting help managing their personal and team Linux VM servers and compute clusters in AWS, and the open source and commercial software they run on them.
Who Should Apply
We welcome all applicants with a background in Linux server administration, user support, and working within AWS. This position would be a great opportunity for someone who enjoys Linux and open source software, supporting scientists, and finding opportunities to write new automation and tooling software.
- Administer a fleet of personal and team-level Linux VM servers in an AWS and on-premise environment, using AWS SSM, Ansible, Terraform, and other automation tools, working very closely with DevOps and using DevOps best practices
- Actively reach out to and partner with research teams to make their cloud computing experience as smooth and painless as possible
- Decipher, install, and automate obscure open-source Linux-based academic biology software, hand-made tools and scripts in R and Python, and commercial products.
- Look for and seize opportunities to carefully, patiently, and gradually integrate all of our systems into what will eventually become a unified, user-friendly researcher and developer experience
- Actively respond to help desk requests and offer proactive and patient training, tutoring, and support
- Develop user tooling and/or work closely with Software Engineering to develop user tooling
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years of Linux Administration
- Working experience with Terraform and Ansible
- Working experience with a git-based developer workflow
- Scripting and tool-development experience in Bash and Python
- Great listening skills, creativity, and collaboration skills
Desired Qualification and Skills
- AWS experience
- Familiarity with or background in life sciences
- Familiarity with R and/or Python data science tools or workflows
- Open source portfolio
Why work for KDI?
KDI offers leading edge benefits to all of our team members that include but are not limited to;
Unlimited PTO and Sick days
PPO and HMO options for Medical Benefits
Dental and Vision Benefits
Work from home flexibility
Cell phone reimbursement options