Software Engineer, Backend (Go)
Prague or Brno
Full-time Czech Republic
At Keboola, we’ve built a team culture based on learning, innovation and most importantly trust. As we’ve grown we continue to embrace the startup vibe and foster a fast-paced and challenging environment. What is unique about our company, is that everyone has a voice and is welcomed to use it. We’re global but well connected and agile. Keboola has offices and team members spanning across Europe and North America. Gartner has recognized our company as a Data Operating Systems organization.
We are looking for an experienced Go developer who wants to make an impact in a growing SaaS-based company. You will work in a small dev team that builds our multi-platform Keboola CLI tool and expands also into the area of web services.
Keboola CLI is a tool for the management of Keboola Connection Projects and their configurations. It allows you to download and change configurations, and push back in a very intuitive way. You can also version them in your favorite SCM tool, set up automation, and push the configuration of your project to the next level (send pull requests, add tests, set up CI, etc.)
The team communicates mostly in Czech/Slovak but the successful candidate must be able to speak with other teams in English. For onboarding, you will receive a set of training materials and descriptions of technologies we use, and will participate in a Keboola onboarding program.
What you’ll do
- Actively participate in the development of Keboola CLI and related services
- Participate in the design and architecture of new services
- Contribute to the existing core services
- Provide code reviews for members of your team
- Be actively involved in designing technical features (participate in design docs and RFCs)
- Share knowledge and experience in the new areas and technologies with people outside of your team
What we look for and what are the skills you need to have (or should have)
- 2+ years of experience in development using the Go language
- A passion for engineering
- Basic awareness of Docker (ability to write your own Dockerfile, build it, run it, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTTP status codes and REST API (e.g., how to prepare data so that it can be easily consumed)
- Knowledge of API standards (Open API)
- Ability to work with efficiency/speed and low memory consumption in mind
- Awareness of relational database systems
- Basic knowledge of UNIX-based systems
- Knowledge of micro-service architecture
- Knowledge of your “stack” (how to write tests, etc.)
- Orientation towards results and driving the “goal” from the beginning to the end if needed
- Patience, sense for details
- Being a bug hunter, but knowing what is enough and the ability to ask for help
- Team player, not an independent worker (we work as a team)
- Self-organization and self-discipline
And also basic soft skills like:
A little bit more about the opportunity
- Autonomy within your position. We are focused on outcomes, not micromanaging everything that you do. We love free company movement.
- Work with great brands both locally and worldwide. Ask us who we were working with!
- Work with new industry-leading data technologies.
- The opportunity to create the job you want that fits in with the life you want. We know there is life outside of work, and think fulfillment is achieved when all areas of your life fit together.
- We believe the best people are a bit weird and have an inner engine that drives them.
- We strive to push people for career development. There are many traits for a component team person - core Keboola platform tech team, consulting and other “departments” are always open for internal hires!
You can look forward to the following benefits
- Competitive compensation and employee stock options pre-IPO.
- Generous paid vacation time. And we mean generous.
- Cool new offices in the heart of Holesovice in Prague.
- We are a company born in the cloud means we are relatively location independent. Want to take an extra-long trip while working on the beach (or forest, or desert?), go ahead - make sure to send us a postcard.
- No set office hours and flexibility (aside from when you are placed on-call to support customers).
Keboola’s Core Values
- Care, love and respect
- No BS
- Get your stuff done and do a bit more
- Create and innovate
- One team
Come One, Come All
Keboola provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, consultants, and applicants for employment. We do not discriminate on any basis. Here’s the thing: we don’t care what color you are, who you pray to, what gender you identify with, if you have tattoos or your hair is blue. We hire based on skill and culture fit. It really is that simple.
More About Keboola
Every day Keboola connects data, systems, and people to do their best work all in one place. Keboola is a hybrid, multi-cloud data platform that reduces your day-to-day complexity with data by streamlining and automating your data processes and systems, creating a scalable data structure that works best for you, and aligns business and IT in a secure environment so they can do meaningful work together. Hundreds of innovative companies use Keboola to unlock their data-driven power. The company has offices in Chicago, Vancouver, London, and Prague. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or visit keboola.com.