Prague or Brno
Full-time Czech Republic
Keboola is a versatile data operating system that enables companies to automate business actions using data and produce value. It is also flexible enough to be deployed in big enterprise stacks, thereby helping data teams work faster and smarter. Keboola lowers the barrier to entry for aspiring data teams and helps increase the productivity of data teams by reducing the complexity of the data stack, design, operation and maintenance. This leads to a better focus on the actual business value.
Keboola’s success is built by innovation, and our remote-mainly team spread across offices in Prague, Vancouver, Chicago, greater Europe, and beyond. We believe that when people have a mission and a voice, their well-being and performance is better. Our environment stands for no BS and grants our people the ability to interact freely across teams connected by a passion for a culture of continuous learning while encompassing care, love, and respect.
You will work closely with our backend engineers, discussing our services and providing feedback, so that the UIs will consume data from APIs in the most efficient way and structure. Our design team will provide you feedback for existing applications and propose possible improvements (in terms of UI/UX), and you will implement them.
Also, you will be part of feature calls, where you will discuss new features with our product team.
The ideal candidate will be be based in Prague or Brno with the ability to work hybrid. The successful candidate must speak English and Czech or Slovak with the ability to work for an EU-based company.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the existing UI applications (we are using React) and implement new ones when needed.
- Take part in the design, implementation, and architecture of new and existing services (e.g., if the backend team needs to change the API you work with, they will consult you about it) as well as the whole platform.
- Undertake code reviews for members of your team.
- Be actively involved in designing technical features (participate in design docs).
- Share knowledge and experience in new areas and technologies with people outside of your team.
- Work closely with the design team on our new Design System/Component Library and adoption of the library into existing applications
- Maintain “hosting” for UI applications—our CDN.
What we look for, and the required skills:
- A passion for engineering and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of UNIX-based systems, coding, and scripting (mainly when Continuous Integration is involved).
- Awareness of micro-service architecture (so you will know how/why UI communicates with each of the services).
- Experience with UI applications monitoring (TTFB, FCP, LCP) and error reporting
- Experience with deployment of UI applications
- A technical understanding of concepts and how they fit into the "big picture."
- Orientation toward results and driving a task from the beginning to the end if needed; a willingness to take ownership.
- Patience and attention to detail.
- Being a bug hunter, but knowing what is enough.
- Readiness to ask for help.
- Team player, not an independent worker. (We work as a team.)
- Self-organization and self-discipline.
We also require some basic soft skills.
A little bit more about the opportunity
- Autonomy within your position. We are focused on outcomes, not micromanaging everything that you do. We love free company movement.
- Work with great brands both locally and worldwide. Ask us who we were working with!
- Work with new industry-leading data technologies.
- The opportunity to create the job you want that fits in with the life you want. We know there is life outside of work, and think fulfillment is achieved when all areas of your life fit together.
- We believe the best people are a bit weird and have an inner engine that drives them.
- We strive to push people for career development. There are many traits for a component team person - core Keboola platform tech team, consulting and other “departments” are always open for internal hires!
You can look forward to the following benefits
- Competitive compensation.
- Become an owner! Generous employee stock option pre-IPO.
- Generous paid vacation time and holidays. And we mean generous.
- Cool offices in the heart of Holesovice in Prague.
- We are a company born in the cloud means we are relatively location independent. Want to take an extra-long trip while working on the beach (or forest, or desert?), go ahead - make sure to send us a postcard.
- No set office hours and flexible work environment.
- Multisport card.
Keboola’s Philosophies and Values
CARE, LOVE AND RESPECT
CREATE AND INNOVATE
GET YOUR STUFF DONE
Come One, Come All
Keboola provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, consultants, and applicants for employment. We do not discriminate on any basis. Here’s the thing: we don’t care what color you are, who you pray to, what gender you identify with, if you have tattoos or your hair is blue. We hire based on skill and culture fit. It really is that simple.
More About Keboola
Every day Keboola connects data, systems, and people to do their best work all in one place. Keboola is a hybrid, multi-cloud data platform that reduces your day-to-day complexity with data by streamlining and automating your data processes and systems, creating a scalable data structure that works best for you, and aligns business and IT in a secure environment so they can do meaningful work together. Hundreds of innovative companies use Keboola to unlock their data-driven power. The company has offices in Chicago, Vancouver, London, and Prague. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or visit keboola.com.