Middle/Senior C++ Developer
Engineering – Back-end /
Full time, permanent contract
Keepit is a cloud-to-cloud backup service provider. The purpose of our platform is to provide our customers with an immutable historical archive of their primary data in systems such as Microsoft 365, GSuite, Salesforce and Dynamics, to protect them from everything from ransomware to simple accidents.
At Keepit, we like to keep it simple. We like to think "less is more". We are one of the leading cloud data protection platforms in a very rapidly growing market and we can see that customers like what we do. We are looking for more colleagues to help us do even more.
The Keepit platform is a set of networked services working in concert; we have a strong emphasis on performance and reliability and this influences how we approach development and how we write our code.
The majority of our back-end components are written in clean modern C++ using mainly purpose-built components and the STL. Several components that deal with business processes and data mining are built using Common Lisp.
Everything runs on Linux. It runs on our servers that are run by our people. Our service operates from datacenter locations in Washington, Sydney, Copenhagen and London - but we are a growing organisation and more regions will come.
At Keepit, the developer will contribute significantly to project specifications since deep technology understanding matters when we decide how to solve a problem.
At Keepit, we write code to last, since taking the time to do it right is faster than having to do things over.
At Keepit, developers will write test cases for their code, since if we can't prove to ourselves that code works there is little chance to impress QA.
Our approach to the development itself is ambitious and bold. We have developed components and systems that most organisations do not, which is securing us a solid lead in this rapidly expanding market of cloud to cloud backup. Backing up billions of objects over foreign APIs using imperfect networks on systems with finite memory and making it all happen in as little time as possible, is no small feat. We built the object store that holds these data too by the way. And we built every system in between and around as well. If you think solving hard problems is fun, we have strong indications that we will not run out of hard problems any time soon. Come join us for the fun!
We love C++ and we believe in using the language to create the components that serve our needs the best, now and in the future. Therefore we write most components ourselves using mainly the core language and the STL. If you like to write code that does what it should and does it well, and you like to know that your code is serving an ever-growing customer base for years into the future, Keepit may just be the spot for you!
- Good modern C++ understanding
- Good understanding of TCP, HTTP, RESTful APIs and XML
- Used to working on and coding for Linux systems
- General SQL understanding
- Working knowledge of Common Lisp (sbcl, emacs, slime)
- GNU Make, clang, gdb, lldb, gprof, perf, valgrind, git, ... the tools of the trade
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365, Sharepoint, Dynamics, Salesforce, GSuite
- You need to be able to work in a team of developers
- You must have a reasonable level of verbal and written English
- We welcome dialogue, critical thinking and new ideas - we encourage people to share their thoughts and encourage constructive dialogue
With a rapidly growing customer base we need to be on our toes. We are adding new workloads and services to our platform, growing functionality in the existing workloads and we are sufficiently successful in the market to face performance and scalability challenges.
If you find this posting interesting we encourage you to apply - you may be the next Keeper to join our team!
- An exciting and challenging job in a successful business. Our culture is characterized by a positive tone, commitment and result-oriented professionalism, heavily influenced by excitement for what we do
- Unique working environment where your opinion matters
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Long-term employment
- 20 working-days paid vacation, health insurance and other social benefits after probation
If all above describes you, Keepit hopes to have you as our new team member to help us grow in the direction that sustains Keepit’s culture of many different talents and nationalities within an informal and trusting environment.