Middle Front-end Developer
Engineering – Front-end /
Full time, permanent contract
Keepit is a cloud-to-cloud backup service provider. The purpose of our platform is to provide our customers with an immutable historical archive of their primary data in systems such as Microsoft 365, GSuite, Salesforce and Dynamics, to protect them from everything from ransomware to simple accidents.
At Keepit, we like to keep it simple. We like to think "less is more". We are one of the leading cloud data protection platforms in a very rapidly growing market and we can see that customers like what we do. We are looking for more colleagues to help us do even more.
The Keepit platform is a set of networked services working in concert; we have a strong emphasis on performance and reliability and this influences how we approach development and how we write our code.
The majority of our back-end components are written in clean modern C++ using mainly purpose-built components and the STL. Several components that deal with business processes and data mining are built using Common Lisp.
Everything runs on Linux. It runs on our servers that are run by our people. Our service operates from datacenter locations in Washington, Sydney, Copenhagen and London - but we are a growing organisation and more regions will come.
At Keepit, the developer will contribute significantly to project specifications since deep technology understanding matters when we decide how to solve a problem.
At Keepit, we write code to last, since taking the time to do it right is faster than having to do things over.
At Keepit, developers will write test cases for their code, since if we can't prove to ourselves that code works there is little chance to impress QA.
Our approach to the development itself is ambitious and bold. We have developed components and systems that most organisations do not, which is securing us a solid lead in this rapidly expanding market of cloud to cloud backup. Backing up billions of objects over foreign APIs using imperfect networks on systems with finite memory and making it all happen in as little time as possible, is no small feat. We built the object store that holds these data too by the way. And we built every system in between and around as well. If you think solving hard problems is fun, we have strong indications that we will not run out of hard problems any time soon. Come join us for the fun!
To support business growth we are willing to hire more people into our team to maintain our web-application and expand it with new features. The code you will work with is written on AngularJS 1.8. Your main tasks will be maintaining the existing codebase, developing new features and sooner or later, participating in migrating it from AngularJS to React.
So there will be a lot of advanced topics you will be able to dive into and share your thoughts on them with a team.
We are waiting for your ideas and vision. You will get a unique experience!
Required technical skills
- At least 2 years of experience as Front-end developer
- Good knowledge of at least one modern framework(Vue, React, Angular)
- Solid knowledge of vanilla(core) JS
- Intermediate or higher level of English
- Solid understanding of how browsers work
- ECMAScript 6+
- Understanding of web protocols, REST
- Basic knowledge of GIT
- Good html5 and Css3 knowledge
- Responsive design, flex-box or grid
Will be a plus
- Experience with MaterialUI, Webpack, Figma
- Experience with Jira/Confluence
- Good knowledge of React
- Experience with migrating application to React
- Experience with AngularJS 1.5 or higher
Required soft skills
- You need to be able to work in a team, communicative, responsible
- You must have a reasonable level of verbal and written English, as you will communicate with different departments from both Ukraine and Denmark and even with our customers
- We welcome dialogue, critical thinking and new ideas - we encourage people to share their thoughts and encourage constructive dialogue
If you are interested in hard and unique tasks and problems solving, do not hesitate to reach out.
- An exciting and challenging job in a successful business. Our culture is characterized by a positive tone, commitment and result-oriented professionalism, heavily influenced by excitement for what we do
- Unique working environment where your opinion matters
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Long-term employment
- 20 working-days paid vacation, health insurance and other social benefits after probation
If all above describes you, Keepit hopes to have you as our new team member to help us grow in the direction that sustains Keepit’s culture of many different talents and nationalities within an informal and trusting environment.