Senior Android Application Developer - Remote
We are seeking an experienced Android application engineer at Keepsafe to build the future of privacy products that will ship to millions of people. As an Android engineer, you’ll collaborate closely with designers and product management to work on features from the idea stage to shipping. You’ll brainstorm new features and products, test them, launching early builds to production, fix bugs and work on improvements.
The Android team at Keepsafe in San Francisco is focused on continuous improvements of our existing Photo Vault, Unlisted and AppLock products as well as new product development. You will also work with the core infrastructure that provides real-time sync, storage, and other components. These underlying technologies make your life easy so you can focus on building features and services people love.
As a remote worker, you will be part of the San Franciso team. This contains being available during San Francisco working hours and on a regular basis spend in-person time with the team to build a strong work relationship.
All our Android apps are written in Kotlin and utilize RxJava.
Read more about How We Interview App Developers at Keepsafe.
- Own the entire lifecycle of the next big feature, from design to implementation
- Build native user interactions using latest technologies (e.g. Kotlin) on top of our core infrastructure that ships to millions
- Work closely with our design, product and marketing teams to launch new products and iterate
- Work closely with customer support to identify problems and come up with improvements
- Participate in design and code reviews from your peers
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of professional programming experience and in-depth knowledge in one or more programming language
- Experience shipping high-quality consumer software / Proven experience building consumer mobile applications
- 3+ Years of experience with the Android framework
- Extensive experience and a proven track record as an effective remote worker
- Knowledge of Android performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience or interest in learning Kotlin
- Startup experience preferred
- Experience using Keepsafe a plus!
- Experience working in a multi-app company with shared Android codebase