Kotlin Android Developer
Keepsafe is a four-year old, profitable, post-series A startup with over 60 million users globally on iOS and Android. Our founders are serial entrepreneurs from Germany who appreciate ambitious and independent thinking, precision, beautiful code, and above all else privacy!
We are seeking an experienced Kotlin Android application engineer at Keepsafe to create awesome user facing features that will ship to millions of people. As a Kotlin engineer, you’ll collaborate closely with designers and product management to build ideas and bring them to life. You will have full responsibility for Android development. You will also work with core infrastructure that provides real time sync, storage and other components. These underlying technologies make your life easy so you can focus on building features and services people love.
*This role is based in Berlin. Competitive salary, early equity, full benefits, daily catered lunches, beer on tap, monthly team-building activities, and commuter friendly office in Mitte.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience and deep knowledge in one or more programming language
- Experience architecting software systems from the ground up
- Experience with iOS development
- Programming experience in Swift
- Knowledge of iOS performance tools and optimization techniques
- Proficient English language skills
Nice to Have
- Startup experience preferred
- Experience using Keepsafe a plus!
- Passionate about the Keepsafe mission
- Appetite for fast product iteration, shipping high quality apps
- Curious to learn and experiment with new technologies
- Experience or interest in cryptography and security engineering
Our Tech Stack
- Android - Kotlin
- iOS - Swift 3
Keepsafe’s mission is to make privacy and security simple. We believe that everyone should have the same control of privacy in their digital life as they do in their physical life. We’re working on a family of products to make it easy for people to protect their personal space. With over 60 million users on our existing products—we’re just getting started.
Our engineering team is at the forefront of security, smart encryption, key management, data transcoding, secure and fast cloud sync, and back-end custom analytics development for the future. By working at Keepsafe, you can expect to collaborate directly with our product and design teams and work with your peers to make impactful decisions about how things get done. Learn more about some of our software on Github and our Engineering blog.
Our Recruitment Process:
Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us get to know you better, professionally and technically. It is also an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do. We move quickly and go from initial screen to an on-site within a week or less pending availability. If all goes well, we will have an offer by the end of the full day on-site.
Read our CEO’s post about "test driving" at Keepsafe to learn more about our hiring process!