VP of Human Resources
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located in the city’s South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood, the KeepTruckin headquarters is a walk away from Oracle Park (go Giants!) and Union Square. Our building—built in 1923—has a unique industrial, open feel made comfortable with countless comfy couches and beautiful greenery. When they’re not working, you can find fellow team members playing pool, enjoying the rooftop view, and exploring this historical city.
We are looking for a Vice President of People Operations to help build and solidify our people function for future growth. You’ll be responsible for leading, managing, and growing the activities and operations of the Human Resources Department.
Your purview includes HRBP’s, L&D, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Engagement, Immigration, HRIS and Administration. As part of the senior leadership team, you’ll be expected to create and execute thoughtful strategy to support our business growth. We’re looking for someone to live, breath and demonstrate our company values, both through strategy and action, and to help make them the foundation of everything we do.
- Lead and oversee the current human resources team with a hands-on approach, while simultaneously establishing yourself as a strategic thinker and business partner to executives and divisional heads.
- Build change management as one of our core competencies.
- Develop & implement processes, systems and approaches to drive a culture that grows and sustains with geographic expansion.
- Drive high levels of employee engagement with innovative and global programs and initiatives.
- Create and oversee development of learning and development programs tied to our values, speaking to global employees, with the ability to scale.
- Continue to keep your ‘finger on the pulse’ of compensation to ensure competitive compensation structures and rewards.
- Ensure global benefits are competitive and innovative to ensure global benefits represent high value to candidates and employees.
- Create a compliant and forward-thinking Administration group, with global processes and metrics.
- Expertly lead and manage all ER issues, on a global scale.
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the work of the Human Resources Department; with staff, develop, implement, and monitor long-term plans, goals, and objectives focused on achieving the Company’s strategy.
- Contribute to the short and long term strategies of the organization through a review of business requirements, and lead the development of a responsive, integrated human resources operation that is in alignment with those requirements.
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders in Talent, Finance, Legal, and Workplace.
- Lead the Immigration process, partnering with outside counsel.
- 15+ years of human resources leadership with exposure to an innovative business, one that continues to reinvent their business proposition. Industry is open with a preference for technology industry. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred.
- A background in a company that has gone through large growth and scaling in a short period of time would be helpful.
- A leader and team player who enjoys working in a high volume, fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Have demonstrated the ability to support and lead through change.
- Enthusiastically embrace a high-volume workload, managing multiple tasks and priorities in a “roll up your sleeves” environment
- Collaborative and comfortable working with all levels of an organization and communicating effectively through multiple mediums up, down, and across the company.
- Breadth of knowledge on HR practices, processes and procedures, including employee relations experience.
- Action oriented with a focus on results.
- Demonstrates alignment to KeepTruckin Values and has the capability to lead and motivate a team. Demonstrates commitment to growing and developing internal talent.
- Energetic and resourceful with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
- Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HR's impact and how HR is an integral part of the company's business strategy.
- Experience with stock related long term incentive programs preferred
- Demonstrated ability to balance HR requirements against business needs to provide creative solutions for business success is critical.
- Excellent analytical skills. Outstanding verbal, written, presentation and listening communication skills.
- Specialized experience in compensation and benefits. Variable compensation design and administration experience preferred.
- Prefer experience with public company executive compensation administration and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Graduate degree (HRM/MBA) is highly desirable. HR Certification is a plus.
- Willing to travel.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.