IT Support Engineer
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, we are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
The IT Support engineer will provide hands-on support for KeepTruckin’s hardware and software on Mac and Linux systems. You will also support networking and local server resources for their site.
You have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. You possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally you have strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Manage MAC/IOS based infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- BS/BE Degree in Computer Science/Networks/Telecommunication Engineering or a related subject
- 1+ year of experience
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
- Detailed knowledge of VOIP and Cisco Phones
- Knowledge of Cloud services, preferably AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Experience over firewalls, routers and switches
- Good Communication skills
- MCSE/MCITP/CCNA certifications preferable
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.