Hardware Quality Engineer
KeepTruckin is on a mission to connect the world’s trucks. With the leading ELD and fleet management platform, we are bringing the trucking industry online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
The numbers tell the story:
- The KeepTruckin network is composed of more than 200,000 trucks and is expected to grow to 400,000 by end of 2018.
- We grew from $1 million to more than $50 million in annual recurring revenue in 12 months, among the fastest growing SaaS companies ever.
- Our Glassdoor rating is 4.8 stars. We have built an incredible culture with high trust and transparency, where people feel empowered to do their best work.
About the Job:
As a Hardware QA Engineer you will be the first line quality interface between KeepTruckin and our manufacturing partners. Reporting to the Senior Quality and Compliance Manager, you will oversee the physical quality of our flagship product as well as accessories and cables. If you are collaborative and have the gift of meticulous detail, we want to hear from you.
- Help define cosmetic requirements for products
- Help define reliability and environmental test specifications
- Observe production and testing, reviewing test results as necessary
- Track failures and fixes that are implemented in order to correct
- Work with production team to implement fixtures as necessary in order to ensure assembly quality
- Collaborate with other departments and facilitate escalation and/or triage of issues
- Monitor the progress of testing relative to project schedule
- Regular travel to manufacturers’ and suppliers’ sites will be required, as much as 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or related field
- 8+ years experience in quality assurance
- Thorough understanding of cosmetic concerns specific to injection molded plastics
- Familiarity with standard testing equipment and measurement approaches/procedures (such as MIL810G/IEC/SAE specs) and common targets related to surface hardness, water and dust ingress resistance, drop testing, thermal stresses, etc.
- Strong plus: comfortable participating in discussions in English
- Nice to have: familiarity with regulatory requirements for products and components, particularly related to flammability and other safety aspects
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.