Director of Supply Chain
San Francisco, CA
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, We are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
In this role, you will own the relationship with the manufacturing partners and the day-to-day operations for for supply of finished goods. The ideal candidate will be involved with partners and supplier relationships from early product conception until a products end-of-life.
You will assure supplier compliance for purchase orders and manage continuous cost reduction to meet financial requirements. You will be efficient and results-oriented in a fast-moving startup environment, and have a passion for consumer devices! Successful candidates will possess deep analytical capabilities, strong communication skills, and robust experience with supply chain operations.
- Manage activities related to purchasing, material requirements, supply planning, inventory management and BOM cost
- Own and manage the relationships with suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Establish policies with suppliers to ensure quality, delivery, and cost improvements
- Participate in supply chain readiness reviews for new product introductions
- Build effective partnerships within departments
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to find, assess, and select suppliers
- Define clear accountability and leads by adopting improvement strategies
- Assess market conditions, identify industry best practices and emerging trends to identify new cost reduction and value creation opportunities
- Oversee supply chain processes, infrastructure, and team
- B.S. degree with 10 years of experience in Consumer Electronics Supply Chain and dealing with outsourced manufacturing with Asian suppliers
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience
- Experience in all functions of Supply Chain Management; new product planning, factory forecasting, purchasing, supply planning, etc
- Core experience must include contract negotiation & price negotiation
- Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives
- Engineering background preferred
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.